SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

Gagne is BACK!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#1 KyleBucket

KyleBucket

#FireHomer

• PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

The Flyers have acquired LW Simon Gagne from Los Angeles for a conditional 4th round draft pick, previously acquired from Phoenix.

Can't really hate that! He should've finished his career in O&B!

Edited by KyleBucket, 26 February 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

#2 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

I love Simon. like, a lot. better for him since he was a healthy scratch out there most nights

Flyers Faithful Check it out. Seriously. Because I said so.

#3 Frostythekroman

Frostythekroman

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Its nice to see him back. Always a class guy. I know there will be people who say hes washed up and this does nothing for us but face it we most likely will not see playoffs this year anyhow. Let a fan fave come back to finish his career.

#4 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

Bring on the RAGS!

• PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

My 2nd all time favorite player! Welcome back Gags!!!!

iy0b35.jpg

#5 BearInTheForest

BearInTheForest

Prospect

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

My hockey history is a little poor. Can anyone fill me in on this guy? Legend in philly? How has he done in the last couple of years?

#6 GirouxBG

GirouxBG

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

HOLLY SH****************T !!!!!!!!! I can't believe gags is back!
Couldn't be more happier, my favorite all-time player is back where he belongs! The circle is complete... Welcome home, Simon!

#7 KyleBucket

KyleBucket

#FireHomer

• PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

"C'mon guys, we won the Cup with 5+ Flyers. Just throw him out there for a 4th. That's nice, right?"--LA Front Office :tehesmily:

So glad he's back. I had to force myself to not type the entire thread in caps when I saw it.

Edited by KyleBucket, 26 February 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Posted Image

#8 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

My hockey history is a little poor. Can anyone fill me in on this guy? Legend in philly? How has he done in the last couple of years?

:mellow:

:unsure:

#9 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

maybe Homer's trying to shake that bad karma that has been following him around. The flyers record is 9-11-1.....help!

at least Gaggy can snipe with the best of them. hope he develops some chemistry with someone.

#10 The_Mighty_Tim

The_Mighty_Tim

The Notorious T.I.M.

• Moderators
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

My good day has gotten even better.

#11 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

Bring on the RAGS!

• PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

......smack......smack!!
Just kidding. He's one of the most liked players to ever don the orange and black.

iy0b35.jpg

#12 BearInTheForest

BearInTheForest

Prospect

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

:mellow:

:unsure:

Lol. :P I am only into my second season of actually watching! An answer, though, would be great. :)

#13 Flyers-2010

Flyers-2010

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Definitely a legend. He played for the Flyers for 10 years, he once had a near 50 goal season, he scored famous clutch goals in the Playoffs (ot goal in ECF game 6 in 2004, OT goal against boston in game 4, then the 4th goal in game 7), etc. Pure class act. Plays 2 way. The only bad thing about him is that he gets injured every year.

#14 andrejb

andrejb

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

:2yippee: at Gagne being back.

:D at Byfuglien rumours.

ThereĀ“s always next year.

#15 BearInTheForest

BearInTheForest

Prospect

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Definitely a legend. He played for the Flyers for 10 years, he once had a near 50 goal season, he scored famous clutch goals in the Playoffs (ot goal in ECF game 6 in 2004, OT goal against boston in game 4, then the 4th goal in game 7), etc. Pure class act. Plays 2 way. The only bad thing about him is that he gets injured every year.

This sounds great! I like it. Let's hope he can do some magic despite his age and tendency to get injured.

Still feel we could get a D or two, though? Someone above mentioned Byfuglien - from what I have read about him maybe that wouldnt be a bad idea.

#16 KyleBucket

KyleBucket

#FireHomer

• PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

The buzz is that this is setting up for something else...

Posted Image

#17 szilhockey25

szilhockey25

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Oh man WELCOME BACK! I will take it. I originally thought bring back the K G B line (Old man line now lol) but I would like to see him with Couturier. Nice 2-way french connection and scorer w couts passing would be nice. Plus gagne ws in his shoes back in the day. I like the move. Now get rid of Briere! KEEP COUTS! Saw his name mentioned on TFP and few other places...

#18 pwnstick

pwnstick

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

:: holding back a sizable Gagne rant right now ::

I'll go on record as hating this move.
Posted Image

#19 Simmonds4Prez

Simmonds4Prez

The Engineer

• PipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

This looks like a good move to me. Our 2nd line LW was going to be lacking after Read went down.
How we get the cap space is what I want to know?

Maybe Danny B(or Coburn)+ is going to be moved for a Dman, or something along those lines.

I think this is the beginning of something a little bigger imho, hopefully for the blueline!

WayneSimmonds1_zps2e20b472.png

#20 Simmonds4Prez

Simmonds4Prez

The Engineer

• PipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

:D at Byfuglien rumours.

Source?

WayneSimmonds1_zps2e20b472.png

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use