SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

Who on this Team has Trade Value

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#1 heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn

Fire Homer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Assuming they stay out of the playoff race, who even has value that you would want to trade to a contending team?

Briere comes to mind, but you have to find a team that can take that much cap space on. I know people will say he won't waive his NMC, but if you tell him he is getting Amnestied if he doesn't, I think he would waive it for the right teams.

Other than that, I don't see any of the typical end of contract guys to move that have any value.

Section 103 Row 6

#2 Frostythekroman

Frostythekroman

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

You may find a team interested in Grossmann or Talbot. Teams will look to add depth and playoff experience. Other than that I cant think of any value to move. Schenn and Couturier seem to have lost value this year, but in this situation you wouldnt look to move them anyhow. Continue the re-build and dump old vets. Possibly someone may want Timonen but that new 6mil contract is a deal killer.

#3 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

a team may want Briere for his scoring ability in the playoffs, but his performance so far has been sub-par. I'd like to see them trade Voracek...I just don't see him being as good as they expect him to be and he has some value right now

#4 Frostythekroman

Frostythekroman

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Im all for dumping Briere. I just want to see this rebuild done properly. No knee jerk reactions, that is what got us into this mess in the first place. Dump the over the hill gang and take our lumps (a-la- the oilers, pens and ect.) Younger, faster, skilled is the way to go. However we need a new developmental staff as well, which is why I liked the addition of Terry Murray. I have very little confidence Homer can do this though. At first I thought pass on Burke but if you look at thing he rebuilt Vancouver and the Leafs, just as they turned the corner he gets fired. Essentially both teams are his foundations. He does some head scratching moves though too.

#5 Edu-ro

Edu-ro

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

a team may want Briere for his scoring ability in the playoffs, but his performance so far has been sub-par. I'd like to see them trade Voracek...I just don't see him being as good as they expect him to be and he has some value right now

Come on... If you don't want Voracek traded because he plays bad, you want him traded because he has high value. It's no secret you don't like the guy, Lax... ;)

I think, given the weird situation this team finds itself in right now, the value of the players is, more or less, the same as last year. I mean Couturier and Schenn are still up there, in my opinion, they can still be used to trade for a big name Dman. Not that I'd necessarily like that.
Posted Image

#6 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Come on... If you don't want Voracek traded because he plays bad, you want him traded because he has high value. It's no secret you don't like the guy, Lax... ;)

I think, given the weird situation this team finds itself in right now, the value of the players is, more or less, the same as last year. I mean Couturier and Schenn are still up there, in my opinion, they can still be used to trade for a big name Dman. Not that I'd necessarily like that.

I don't think Voracek's potential is that high, regardless of how I feel about him, I think if he's playing well it just makes it easier for Holmgren to unload him, since he carries that 4.25 mil cap hit...

I just don't think Voracek is anything special. I know other people are enamored by him because we traded Carter for him, but the key piece in that trade was the 8th overall pick, not Voracek. We just lucked out that Couts fell to 8th overall. Voracek was a disappointment in Columbus, where it would be easy for him to stand out, but he didn't so they dumped him

I'll also add that I was all for trading Briere in the summer of '11 when they acquired Bryz's rights...he didn't have a horrible season in 10-11 and his value was high. Then last season happened and he's been pretty bad so far this season. Thankfully, he's still considered a playoff performer and I imagine he would waive his NMC if the flyers are going to miss the playoffs

#7 BG_Flyer

BG_Flyer

Prospect

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Assuming they stay out of the playoff race, who even has value that you would want to trade to a contending team?

Briere comes to mind, but you have to find a team that can take that much cap space on. I

Oilers

#8 allamericandan1

allamericandan1

My signature is only going to get louder and angrier.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

I'm thinking Buffalo and St. Louis could be potential trading partners depending on how things go from now to April. St. Louis is looking to add a vet defenseman and Buffalo could use another goal scorer. Buffalo, I think, is one of the few places Briere is willing to waive his NMC for. I've been looking into it too and it seems Buffalo isn't too happy with Tyler Myers, who carries a similar cap hit and an albatross like contract. I don't think they'd be willing to part with him just yet, but asking couldn't hurt.

St. Louis has plenty of cap space so they could theoretically take on Timonen or Meszaros without giving up any roster players. With that said, they have a ton of young forwards who have potential who you could target in a deal. Stewart and Berglund are heading to RFA and are due raises. A more logical pick could be their 3rd string goalie Allen who is young and has potential.

3tv3pb.jpg

#9 Flyersrule25

Flyersrule25

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Briere and Coburn for Weber...Wishful thinking

#10 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Briere and Coburn for Weber...Wishful thinking

LOL....that is way,way, WAY past wishful thinking.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#11 Mitt

Mitt

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

I don't understand this. Voracek is one of the very few that has actually helped us win some games this year. He's been our biggest offensive threat in a time where our offense has sucked. To me that says a lot about the player.
Posted Image

#12 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

#1 Shittsburgh Hater

• PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

You may find a team interested in Grossmann

Why would they give up one of our better D-men? The only way Id be happy getting rid of Grossman is if they replace him with someone bigger and stronger. The only thing Gross is missing is his ability to score and get points. If there's someone in the league thats available, just as strong, just as big, can score....then sure sign me up.

9gkdqp.jpg

5/7/14......the Hextall era begins....

#13 Hopephul

Hopephul

Prospect

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Why would they give up one of our better D-men? The only way Id be happy getting rid of Grossman is if they replace him with someone bigger and stronger. The only thing Gross is missing is his ability to score and get points. If there's someone in the league thats available, just as strong, just as big, can score....then sure sign me up.

What's the obsession with bigger and stronger? How about just better, regardless of size or strength.

#14 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

#1 Shittsburgh Hater

• PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

What's the obsession with bigger and stronger? How about just better, regardless of size or strength.

If a team has a Dman that can move the puck up the ice, it'd be nice to have a tree waiting for him. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like having at least one guy on my team thats the size of a house. Size definately helps.
You can be a very good skater, great puck handler and skilled player. But all that doesnt mean anything if you get leveled by a bonecrushing D-man.

9gkdqp.jpg

5/7/14......the Hextall era begins....

#15 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

I don't understand this. Voracek is one of the very few that has actually helped us win some games this year. He's been our biggest offensive threat in a time where our offense has sucked. To me that says a lot about the player.

Makes sense to trade him while his value is high. He's been one of the better players just recently. If the whole team is playing horrible it's not hard to stand out as one of the better players. I think he can be replaced with someone that does all the things he can do and has better vision and isn't a turnover machine.

#16 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,465 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Me. Trade me to Dallas.
Posted Image

#17 DA-42

DA-42

Always has a GAA under 2.00

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Me. Trade me to Dallas.

Posted Image:wub:
The shadow alex ross cover 11

#18 ericmedc

ericmedc

is needed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Makes sense to trade him while his value is high. He's been one of the better players just recently. If the whole team is playing horrible it's not hard to stand out as one of the better players. I think he can be replaced with someone that does all the things he can do and has better vision and isn't a turnover machine.

He's just under a ppg player. That's not "just best of the bad", it's really good.
Hakuna Matata

I predict that my point is more correct then yours. With the help of time zones, those predictions are usually quite accurate

#19 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

He's just under a ppg player. That's not "just best of the bad", it's really good.

well, if "really good" gets us the dman that we need then I'm all for trading Voracek

#20 ericmedc

ericmedc

is needed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

well, if "really good" gets us the dman that we need then I'm all for trading Voracek

Why do you feel we need to trade out best offensive player?
Hakuna Matata

I predict that my point is more correct then yours. With the help of time zones, those predictions are usually quite accurate

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use