SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

Goaltender Interference

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 DA-42

DA-42

Always has a GAA under 2.00

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Here is the latest example of officiating incompetence:

This potentially game-tying goal was called off for goaltender interference even though Carey Price was outside of the crease and was barely touched by Senators winger Jakob Silfverberg. Not only was the goal called off, but Silfverberg was incredibly given a penalty for goaltender interference. We all saw Fedotenko's goal get called off for barely touching Ryan Miller outside of the crease earlier this year. I believe that this is something that needs to be discussed on a league level, as officials continue to ruin games with brutal calls all around the league.

Discuss.

As a side note: Jesus Christ, somebody please tell Bob Cole to retire already. It literally took him 15 seconds to realize that the goal was waved off. I know I'm criticizing a legend, but it's time to let go. Seriously.
The shadow alex ross cover 11

#2 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,304 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Wow ! That is the worst call for interference I've seen yet.

Thr officiating as a whole around the league has been far worse this year than before, and it was bad before.

This year seem like they have it all backwards, they seem to call things like this and miss blatant penalties like Erskine's elbow on Simmonds.

I think us fans suffered enough this season, the NHL needs to fix this now .

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use