SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

2013 Carnival

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 MisterShipWreck

MisterShipWreck

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Who's going to this years Flyers Carnival?

I went last year and had a good time. Going this year. Tickets just went on sale this morning at 10am. Been waiting everyday. Unfortunately, yesterday at 2pm, the fgacebook page for the carnival posted a surprise - presale of some tickets.

Well, apparently all Giroux tickets were already sold out. I couldn't get any this morning. That's not really fair, considering they posted the time and date when tickets would be available. It wasn't until after I got home from work until I could view Facebook.

I already had my flight booked, room booked and game ticket for the Flyers game the day before the carnival. I had all that done the day they officially announced when it would be. This kinda sucks now...

Anyway, anyone else going?

Posted Image

#2 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

#1 Shittsburgh Hater

• PipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Yeah I saw that this morning. I plan on going. NEver been to one. This will be my first.

9gkdqp.jpg

5/7/14......the Hextall era begins....

#3 MisterShipWreck

MisterShipWreck

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Yeah I saw that this morning. I plan on going. NEver been to one. This will be my first.

I had a good time last year - well, not really relaxing on carnival day. But, it was cool to have all the autographs that I scored. Be prepared to stand in many tines.

Last year I managed to get autographs of Giroux, Jagr, Timonen, Talbot, Simmonds and Bryz. I had been hoping to get the Giroux figure signed by Giroux. Oh well...

Posted Image

#4 MisterShipWreck

MisterShipWreck

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Well, almost there... Who all's going?

I'm flying up from Texas to see Sat's game, and catch the carnival on Sunday...

Posted Image

#5 DA-42

DA-42

Always has a GAA under 2.00

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

I'll find out in a half an hour if I'll be able to go. I'll have to borrow a car since I don't trust mine with an hour drive anymore. :angry:

The shadow alex ross cover 11

#6 FlyersFansAre-1

FlyersFansAre-1

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

First time for me, can't wait. Got my pucks & cards got to get a silver sharpie for the pucks tho. Should be a blast! Hopefully Gags will be there can't get through to a person to ask where he might be.

#7 DA-42

DA-42

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

I'm going for the first time also. Should be fun.

#8 FlyersFansAre-1

FlyersFansAre-1

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

That's cool. I'll be (one of many) wearing a Giroux winter classic jersey with a throwback Flyers hat. Wife wearing a Clarke jersey I'm assuming - unless she steals one of mine. Besides meeting the players & photo-ops definitely a great worthwhile charitable cause.

#9 DA-42

DA-42

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'll also be wearing Giroux apparel, but it will be the post-lockout white jersey. I'm going to bring some hats to get signed and my blocker that I have Martin Biron and Antero Niittymaki's signatures on just in case I'm able to get Bryzgalov's autograph.

#10 FlyersFansAre-1

FlyersFansAre-1

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

The blocker signature is unique & cool - Bryz's auto is in my top 5 for today

#11 MisterShipWreck

MisterShipWreck

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Well, I had a good time. Flew up from Texas.

I got things signed by Matt Read, Simmonds, Hartnell, Couts and Grossman. I had four things signed by Simmonds, including a jersey.

I got to meet Kimmo, Talbot, Giroux, Jagr, Bryz and Simmonds last year. Other than Simmonds, I picked different people this year. I think Simmonds is my fav player o the team this year.

I got in line at the doors by the fanzone, but on the opposite side. I got there at 10:30am, because when I got there at about the same time LAST year, the were probably 150 people already in line.!

I was person #3 in line this year. I sat at the 2nd set of doors at that entrance, though, in order to stay out of the wind. Last year, they had moved many people overe to that side. So, I took a chance that they would open both sets at the same time again. And, they did. it wasn't until the last 45min that people decided to start lining up behind me.

I think there were less people this year... A least in the initial line to get in.

Edited by MisterShipWreck, 03 March 2013 - 06:53 PM.

Posted Image

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use