SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

The Official Screw NBC Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

Poll: The Official Screw NBC Thread (22 member(s) have cast votes)

How much do you hate NBC and its commentators?

1. So much that I listen to the games on the radio. Tim Saunders and Chris Therien all the way (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. So much that I watch NBC-broadcast games on [MUTE] (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

3. So much that I bleed from my ears whenever Pierre McGuire/Eddie Olczyk/whoever the **** else talks (11 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. If I drink enough beers, in a short enough span of time, McGuire starts to look like Lisa Hillary (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LatentC

LatentC

3rd-string beach ball repellant

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Seriously, screw them. They are ruining this sport with their blatant bias and disgusting infatuation with Crysby.

It's bad enough that we have to be held hostage as victims of their one-sided commentary during "larger" game broadcasts, but now they've hit a new low:

Try to not burn **** down after watching that, if you can.
:pb:

EDIT: almost forgot to credit Bill Meltzer's article (link) for bringing this to my attention.

Edited by LatentC, 18 January 2013 - 06:01 PM.

welcome to FLYERS!nhl.com - where we will verbally slap you so hard that you'll think you just fell off the bridge to Terabithia...and DROWNED...#yeahIwentThere #spoilerz   :ph34r:
hailtheking2.jpg

#2 DA-42

DA-42

Always has a GAA under 2.00

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

<_< or :Connie_threaten: or :rolleyes: I can't decide which.
The shadow alex ross cover 11

#3 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

The worst part is the Flyers and NBC have the same parent company.
Posted Image

#4 skatenlayton

skatenlayton

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

They did a good job in the Flyers/Pens playoff games with Pierre in the box. he kept viewers informed when Pete went after bylsma and Hartnell went after Hulk Hogan's replica wanna be. I like Jonesy better on CSN with his witty one liners. I don't know about you but I like the Flyers being snubbed. makes the boys put an extra edge on their blades.

#5 LatentC

LatentC

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

They did a good job in the Flyers/Pens playoff games with Pierre in the box. he kept viewers informed when Pete went after bylsma and Hartnell went after Hulk Hogan's replica wanna be. I like Jonesy better on CSN with his witty one liners. I don't know about you but I like the Flyers being snubbed. makes the boys put an extra edge on their blades.

Leading cause of alcohol-related deaths in the state of Pennsylvania.
:cheers:

welcome to FLYERS!nhl.com - where we will verbally slap you so hard that you'll think you just fell off the bridge to Terabithia...and DROWNED...#yeahIwentThere #spoilerz   :ph34r:
hailtheking2.jpg

#6 Mitt

Mitt

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Seriously?

This isn't the least bit motivating for the Flyers. It's simple sheer stupidity. I'd be embarrassed if I were a Pens fan........well....EVEN more embarrassed that is....
Posted Image

#7 flyershockey29

flyershockey29

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

ummm it says both the flyers/pens game and la/chicago game is at 3ish on NBC...so which will we be able to watch? East coast here.

#8 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I don't see why your so bent with NBC, this just proves they are a bunch of dopes. Makes me feel sad for the people running NBC and hockey fans in general. I mean...really ?!?!?
How do you F something like that up ?

I laughed when I saw it.

Edited by pat-1, 18 January 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#9 Edu-ro

Edu-ro

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

I don't understand how they made such a mistake. It's embarrassing, especially for a big network, but I guess it shows how much they care about hockey. It reflects poorly on their "experts".

Yes, I'd rather listen to Saunders and Therien. But I'd listen to those two over Jim Jackson and Keith Jones (although I like Jim Jackson).

And it'd have to be some seriously strong beer to see McGuire as Lisa Hillary. :D
Posted Image

#10 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

#1 Shittsburgh Hater

• PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Pierre does say some stupid funny things sometimes though. I think it was last season ans Boston was playing in the playoffs. Chara gave someone a vicious hit in the boards and Pierre commented "ooh, vicious hit from character. That's a lot of man meat."

9gkdqp.jpg

5/7/14......the Hextall era begins....

#11 Mario_Lemieuxoves_Like_Jagr

Mario_Lemieuxoves_Like_Jagr

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Pierre McGuire talks up Giroux almost as much as Crosby, but Crosby is proven as one of the best in the NHL, and Giroux can prove it this year. Pens will win 5-1.

#12 LatentC

LatentC

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Pierre McGuire talks up Giroux almost as much as Crosby, but Crosby is proven as one of the best in the NHL, and Giroux can prove it this year. Pens will win 5-1.

Typical delusional Pens fan :tehesmily: Thanks for providing some easy laughs! :cheers:
Posted Image

Edited by LatentC, 19 January 2013 - 11:42 AM.

hailtheking2.jpg

#13 Samurai2487

Samurai2487

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

If there is one thing Crosby does better than Giroux and maybe the rest of the league...Sidney is better at diving and crying like a ***** the refs. Giroux has more class than that.

**** The Pens!

Edited by Blazenfury, 19 January 2013 - 08:12 PM.
Please don't bypass the word filters

#14 LatentC

LatentC

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

If there is one thing Crosby does better than Giroux and maybe the rest of the league...Sidney is better at diving and crying like a b-tch the refs. Giroux has more class than that.

F-ck The Pens!

Well said! This, 100%
Posted Image
Posted Image

hailtheking2.jpg

#15 Mario_Lemieuxoves_Like_Jagr

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Who is delusional now haa haa

2 out of 3 not bad, I was surprised your goalie actually could stop a puck, I knew the Flower would be back to his Cup winning form. You guys could not handle our speed, Flyers are so slow and you guys had more players playing during the lock-out. I guess you will finish in the top 18.

#16 CaribouTodd

CaribouTodd

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

I think Pierre is upset, Cindy has not given him a kiss and hug yet!

#17 LatentC

LatentC

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

2 out of 3 not bad, I was surprised your goalie actually could stop a puck, I knew the Flower would be back to his Cup winning form. You guys could not handle our speed, Flyers are so slow and you guys had more players playing during the lock-out. I guess you will finish in the top 18.

Posted Image
Wow, you won against a goalie like Bryz with a "bit" of a hand from the zebras. ;) Grats.

Seriously, you should continue to expect another first-round playoff exit from the Pens. Once **** hits the fan at the end of the season, your precious Crysby and Milkin will fail to show up...yet again. Enjoy having to pay $$$ for any sort of success. :cheers:

hailtheking2.jpg

#18 PhillyCrush

PhillyCrush

The Engineer

• PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

You guys controlled the first 1/2 of the first period, majority of your shots were from the perimeter, you had no presence in front of the net, especially after those to face-off goals.

You only won because Fleury stood on his head, it wasn't like Cindy and Milkin were skating circles around the Flyers.

You won gratz, but barely. We failed on 5 PP opportunities, and that took Fleury to play above what he did in last seasons playoffs.

WayneSimmonds1_zps2e20b472.png

#19 Mario_Lemieuxoves_Like_Jagr

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Posted Image
Wow, you won against a goalie like Bryz with a "bit" of a hand from the zebras. ;) Grats.

Seriously, you should continue to expect another first-round playoff exit from the Pens. Once **** hits the fan at the end of the season, your precious Crysby and Milkin will fail to show up...yet again. Enjoy having to pay $$$ for any sort of success. :cheers:

|
I see you have autism and using it as an excuse for the Flyers first round exit from the Pens since your post says expect another first-round playoff exit from the [b]Pens maybe you are schizophrenic they have pills for that.

I will agree with He Shoots, that Crosby did nothing and Malkin was just ok, I will be very surprised if Crosby is not ahead of Giroux in 10 games from now.

Yes Flower stole the game but you guys said last year he was no good and a second rate goalie. This game was the most fun to watch out of the games last night

#20 PhillyCrush

PhillyCrush

The Engineer

• PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

|
I will agree with He Shoots, that Crosby did nothing and Malkin was just ok, I will be very surprised if Crosby is not ahead of Giroux in 10 games from now.

Yes Flower stole the game but you guys said last year he was no good and a second rate goalie. This game was the most fun to watch out of the games last night

Agree Cindy most likely will have more points after he gets his skating legs under him.

But I must digress, I believe most of us here stated Flowers was left hanging by the horrible defensive play last playoff. I would not mind having that guy on my team. In all sports even the greatest athletes have slumps.

WayneSimmonds1_zps2e20b472.png

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use