SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

2013 Thoughts and Predictions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

Poll: 2013 Thoughts and Predictions (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Where will the Flyers finish in the Conference?

1. Challenge for the Conference title (10 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. Finish strong but end up in 4th/5th due to the poor seeding rules (13 votes [46.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.43%

3. Squeak into a playoff spot 7th/8th (4 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Miss the playoffs (1 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

We know who will lead the team in points, but who will lead the team in goals?

1. Giroux (8 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. B. Schenn (1 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

3. Briere (2 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

4. Hartnell (8 votes [28.57%] - View)

5. Read (2 votes [7.14%] - View)

6. Simmonds (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

7. Other (2 votes [7.14%] - View)

Who's most likely to have a breakout year?

1. Voracek (8 votes [28.57%] - View)

2. B. Scheen (10 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

3. Couturier (4 votes [14.29%] - View)

4. L. Scheen (2 votes [7.14%] - View)

5. Other (4 votes [14.29%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mitt

Mitt

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Note to Mods - Not sure if you guys have control of this but it'd be nice if we could add more questions in a poll.
Posted Image

#2 andrejb

andrejb

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Briere, 4th/5th, B. Schenn

There´s always next year.

#3 Mitt

Mitt

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

1. I went with Challenge for the conference title. If this was a regular 82 game schedule, I probably wouldn't have pick that option but it's a short season so who knows. Also apparently the Flyers has the most players playing over seas so maybe we have an edge?

2. I picked Read. Sounds strange but my prediction is he will end up on the top line with Hart and G.

3. Luke Schenn for breakout year. For once we'll have a younger Dman that fans actually like!

Edited by Mitt, 12 January 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Posted Image

#4 bchrissy77

bchrissy77

Бум

• Administrators
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

I think the amount of questions allowed is maxed out at three but I'll take a look since it's been awhile since I last looked at the programming, upgrades may have been made in that time.

Posted Image

#5 bchrissy77

bchrissy77

Бум

• Administrators
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Well what do you know. I've bumped it up to five, if you need more than that then tell me how many. I'd rather avoid a single opening post that takes up a whole page if I can.

Posted Image

#6 Mitt

Mitt

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Well what do you know. I've bumped it up to five, if you need more than that then tell me how many. I'd rather avoid a single opening post that takes up a whole page if I can.

Cool! Thanks bchrissy77!
Posted Image

#7 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Too early for predictions for me, I like to wait till I've seen what the coach does with lines and see them play a couple of games.
I will say, I hope they change my mind because at the moment I don't have very high hopes for this team.

I'll come back to this after they play 4 or 5 games...with a better outlook hopefully.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#8 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Too early for predictions for me, I like to wait till I've seen what the coach does with lines and see them play a couple of games.
I will say, I hope they change my mind because at the moment I don't have very high hopes for this team.

I'll come back to this after they play 4 or 5 games...with a better outlook hopefully.

agree, although I think a shortened season may work to their advantage, since they haven't been able to keep their foot on the pedal for a whole season in a long time and they always peak a bit too soon

Flyers Faithful Check it out. Seriously. Because I said so.

#9 1967-pp1

1967-pp1

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

I predict a tough year for this sguad. No Carle, no JVR (Trade was big mistake),no Jagr(especially with short season}. We have a questionable defense, unstable goaltending and too few defensive minded forwards. This team may take a step backwards this season and maybe even miss the playoffs. Injuries will play a major factor as we just don't have the depth to absorb extended downtime to any regulars. And historically, we are always at the top of the league in man games lost to injuries. Our forwards concern me. Briere's age for one. Also, can B.Schenn elevate his game at the NHL level and will his brother Luke turn his game around? Did Hartnell peak last season? Will Voracek finally show us what he is capable of? Will Giroux continue to improve? Can Read avoid the dreaded sophomore jinx? Will Simmons offensive output increase? How many costly, stupid penalties will Rinaldo take? And hopefully, we don't destroy Couts offensive abilities by forcing him into a defensive role on every shift. You know what you've got from the rest of the forward group, decent 3rd and 4th liners. I feel this team is slightly weaker than last years team. Only time will tell if I am right or wrong. God, I hope I am dead wrong!!

#10 BumperBob

BumperBob

Prospect

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

I predict a tough year for this sguad. No Carle, no JVR (Trade was big mistake),no Jagr(especially with short season}. We have a questionable defense, unstable goaltending and too few defensive minded forwards. This team may take a step backwards this season and maybe even miss the playoffs. Injuries will play a major factor as we just don't have the depth to absorb extended downtime to any regulars. And historically, we are always at the top of the league in man games lost to injuries. Our forwards concern me. Briere's age for one. Also, can B.Schenn elevate his game at the NHL level and will his brother Luke turn his game around? Did Hartnell peak last season? Will Voracek finally show us what he is capable of? Will Giroux continue to improve? Can Read avoid the dreaded sophomore jinx? Will Simmons offensive output increase? How many costly, stupid penalties will Rinaldo take? And hopefully, we don't destroy Couts offensive abilities by forcing him into a defensive role on every shift. You know what you've got from the rest of the forward group, decent 3rd and 4th liners. I feel this team is slightly weaker than last years team. Only time will tell if I am right or wrong. God, I hope I am dead wrong!!

I am not sure why you hate so much on Bryz. It took a while to settle in and just as he was getting in the swing of things he ends up with a bone fracture in his foot...... I think He will work out fine for the team.

#11 Simmonds4Prez

Simmonds4Prez

The Engineer

• PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

4th/5th, Simmer, Jake were my votes.

I think Bryz will bounce back to his second half performance, and until he shows me different I will continue to back him. Losing Carle is a + from my stand point, was just tired of watching him shy from checks and just drop pucks to opponents in his own end too often leading to scoring chances.

WayneSimmonds1_zps2e20b472.png

#12 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,452 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

4/5th but not due to poor seeding. I think there will be at least 3-4 better teams.

Hartnell

Brayden Schenn
Posted Image

#13 Legion-of-Gloom

Legion-of-Gloom

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I agree with most of your points and that is why I picked them to finish 7th. If we male the playoffs i would rather be the underdog then the favourite, now that we have Boucher maybe he can lead us to the finals.
I wonder if we finish out of the playoffs will we buy out Bryz or is it just too much money to buy him out??

#14 Frostythekroman

Frostythekroman

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Eh I have nothing to back ot up but I say challenge for the conference title. This team is so hard to predict.

#15 GirouxBG

GirouxBG

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Bryzgalov wins Vezina Trophy....................kidding LOL

Edited by GirouxBG, 13 January 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#16 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

#1 Shittsburgh Hater

• PipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

4th/5th, Simmer, Jake were my votes.

I think Bryz will bounce back to his second half performance, and until he shows me different I will continue to back

I agree with you. As of now, I'm backing him.
I think jake will have a breakout year if he plays on G's line.

9gkdqp.jpg

5/7/14......the Hextall era begins....

#17 Flyers-2010

Flyers-2010

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Division lead will be between us and NYR. Hartnell could score a lot of goals, he'll probably do it again. Voracek will have a huge production boost, since he'll play with Giroux.

#18 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,452 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I agree with most of your points and that is why I picked them to finish 7th. If we male the playoffs i would rather be the underdog then the favourite, now that we have Boucher maybe he can lead us to the finals.

I suddenly have images of going into the playoffs with Leighton/Boosh again. :dizzy:
Posted Image

#19 DA-42

DA-42

Always has a GAA under 2.00

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I suddenly have images of going into the playoffs with Leighton/Boosh again. :dizzy:

So you recall the Flyers' most successful playoff run in recent memory? Oh the horror. ;)
The shadow alex ross cover 11

#20 LatentC

LatentC

3rd-string beach ball repellant

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Both Schenns better have breakout years or they'll quickly become trade bait...

BOOSH is gonna lead us to a Cup this year, I can FEEL IT! :2yippee:

welcome to FLYERS!nhl.com - where we will verbally slap you so hard that you'll think you just fell off the bridge to Terabithia...and DROWNED...#yeahIwentThere #spoilerz   :ph34r:
hailtheking2.jpg

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use