SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

Any FAs we should be looking at?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 PhillyCrush

PhillyCrush

The Engineer

• PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Was wondering with our ability to drop 2 contracts and with the offer Holmgren made to Weber/Suter/Parise, you think there is a possiblity we make a stab at another RFA Dman like the following?

Michael Del Zotto
New York Rangers
Defense

Dmitry Kulikov
Florida Panthers
Defense

P.K. Subban
Montreal Canadiens
Defense

WayneSimmonds1_zps2e20b472.png

#2 andrejb

andrejb

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

We´d have to massively overpay to get one of them.

There´s always next year.

#3 LatentC

LatentC

3rd-string beach ball repellant

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'd love to see us snag PK Subban, but Andrej hit the nail on the head:

We´d have to massively overpay to get one of them.

I have a feeling Homer will shy away from offer sheets for a while after the whole Weber fiasco/failure. :foodanddrink19:

welcome to FLYERS!nhl.com - where we will verbally slap you so hard that you'll think you just fell off the bridge to Terabithia...and DROWNED...#yeahIwentThere #spoilerz   :ph34r:
hailtheking2.jpg

#4 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

I agree, we would have to pay too much for any of them.

depth players I'd look at would be Kurtis Foster and Tomas Holstrom.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#5 LatentC

LatentC

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

depth players I'd look at would be Kurtis Foster and Tomas Holmstrom.

I don't have much of an opinion on Foster, but here's a recent article about Holmstrom:
REPORT: RED WINGS' HOLMSTROM EXPECTED TO RETIRE BEFORE SEASON <---(TSN link)

Looks like he won't be an option for any team. <_<

welcome to FLYERS!nhl.com - where we will verbally slap you so hard that you'll think you just fell off the bridge to Terabithia...and DROWNED...#yeahIwentThere #spoilerz   :ph34r:
hailtheking2.jpg

#6 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

You can never go wrong with a PK.
Posted Image

#7 LatentC

LatentC

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

depth players I'd look at would be Kurtis Foster and Tomas Holstrom.

UPDATE: Flyers have signed Foster, $950,000 for 1 year. Good call, Pat.

Article Link (from flyers.nhl.com): Flyers Sign (D) Kurtis Foster

hailtheking2.jpg

#8 LatentC

LatentC

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

You can never go wrong with a PK.

Depends. I wouldn't hire any of us to be General Manager...but maybe some of us would be pretty sexy as Ice Girls :tehesmily:

I dare say I'd look pretty stunning in the outfit :popcorn:
(Wikipedia: Stunning is the process of rendering animals immobile or unconscious, without killing the animal, prior to their being slaughtered for food.)

hailtheking2.jpg

#9 tymed

tymed

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

anaheim waived both Guenin and Maroon we should get them back. the phantoms are a wasteland.

#10 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Depends. I wouldn't hire any of us to be General Manager...but maybe some of us would be pretty sexy as Ice Girls :tehesmily:

I dare say I'd look pretty stunning in the outfit :popcorn:
(Wikipedia: Stunning is the process of rendering animals immobile or unconscious, without killing the animal, prior to their being slaughtered for food.)

I would love to see you as an ice girl. :D
Posted Image

#11 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

anaheim waived both Guenin and Maroon we should get them back. the phantoms are a wasteland.

Maroon was dismissed by the organization due to attitude, so that's highly doubtful. I don't think we should keep roatating mediocre prospects back into a system where they weren't successful in the past.

#12 ericmedc

ericmedc

is needed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Fitzpatrick anyone?
Hakuna Matata

I predict that my point is more correct then yours. With the help of time zones, those predictions are usually quite accurate

#13 tymed

tymed

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Maroon was dismissed by the organization due to attitude, so that's highly doubtful. I don't think we should keep roatating mediocre prospects back into a system where they weren't successful in the past.

That's true, although I was more making a statement about how talentless our phantoms are in general. Sadly Maroon outdoes anyone on the phantoms without the young Flyers down there. Never really got much of a shot here and was the scapegoat of a club going through changing cities. we're very thin on left wingers in the org. As far as Guenin goes, I was impressed with his brief NHL stints in philly, he played a simple game hard on the boards didnt take many chances and made it off the ice without making me wonder. He makes a good number 8 or so guy, which we always seem to make it to. I was moreso just thinking about how little we have to lose on the farm.

#14 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

That's true, although I was more making a statement about how talentless our phantoms are in general. Sadly Maroon outdoes anyone on the phantoms without the young Flyers down there. Never really got much of a shot here and was the scapegoat of a club going through changing cities. we're very thin on left wingers in the org. As far as Guenin goes, I was impressed with his brief NHL stints in philly, he played a simple game hard on the boards didnt take many chances and made it off the ice without making me wonder. He makes a good number 8 or so guy, which we always seem to make it to. I was moreso just thinking about how little we have to lose on the farm.

Yeah, that's par for the course though.

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use