SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

Flyers interested in strombone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,467 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

james duthie ‏@tsnjamesduthie

Despite some denials, the tweet earlier from @EnricoCiccone is accurate. The Flyers are interested in Roberto Luongo

Posted Image

#2 DA-42

DA-42

Always has a GAA under 2.00

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

When I first read that I thought it said the Flyers were interested in stromboli. I said "hey, what a coincidence".
The shadow alex ross cover 11

#3 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

brilliant

I'm sure Holmgren will just say it's due diligence that he look into all options...we've heard that line before...that and [fill-in-the-blank] is a player that we've coveted for a long time...

#4 andrejb

andrejb

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

So the plan is to buyout Bryzgalov and bring in another huge contract?

There´s always next year.

#5 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

So the plan is to buyout Bryzgalov and bring in another huge contract for another playoff choker ?

fixed

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#6 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

So the plan is to buyout Bryzgalov and bring in another huge contract?

lol, commence the ceremonial shooting in the foot....

#7 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,467 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Lou's contract is brutal, but he gets a raw deal. His playoff sv% is .917 . It's not his fault the Canuckles are a band of losers.
Posted Image

#8 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Lou's contract is brutal, but he gets a raw deal. His playoff sv% is .917 . It's not his fault the Canuckles are a band of losers.

I've watched him play in big games(including Olympics) and watched him fold under the pressure...it's not the teams, its him.

If we decide to lose Bryz's outragous contract, lets not just fill that space with another. Get a cheaper goalie and spend some money on defensman who can actually defend.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#9 andrejb

andrejb

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

lol, commence the ceremonial shooting in the foot....

? :dizzy:

If we decide to lose Bryz's outragous contract, lets not just fill that space with another. Get a cheaper goalie and spend some money on defensman who can actually defend.

My words.

There´s always next year.

#10 PhillyCrush

PhillyCrush

The Engineer

• PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

WTF?

WayneSimmonds1_zps2e20b472.png

#11 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

#1 Shittsburgh Hater

• PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Someone hold me

9gkdqp.jpg

5/7/14......the Hextall era begins....

#12 LatentC

LatentC

3rd-string beach ball repellant

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

@Eklund
The Flyers tell me beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are NOT in on Luongo in any way shape or form (e5).

@adater
Don't believe Flyers public denials on being interested in Luongo. They're VERY interested

:tehesmily: Oh, Twitterverse...

I'd be quite content with both 7uongo and Bryz in net. Keep in mind we can't amnesty Bryz until next offseason at the earliest, so a trade would have to happen now, or very soon (while Luongo's price is still perceived as "too high"), in order to beat out Toronto in the 7uongo Sweepstakes.

That being said, I can't see Homer giving up Schenn or Grossmann in return (the two top names I'm seeing in rumors) considering our obvious lack of blue-line depth. Plus, no one will trade for Bryz's contract, so don't even entertain the idea. He'll have to be bought-out next offseason, barring any spectacular performances he may, or may not, display this year.
:popcorn:

Edited by LatentC, 10 January 2013 - 01:40 PM.

welcome to FLYERS!nhl.com - where we will verbally slap you so hard that you'll think you just fell off the bridge to Terabithia...and DROWNED...#yeahIwentThere #spoilerz   :ph34r:
hailtheking2.jpg

#13 flyersfan27

flyersfan27

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

NOT LOU!!! I see enough of him, since I live in Western Canada. Philly would chew him up and spit him out. Run with Bryz, and beef up our D.

#14 Legion-of-Gloom

Legion-of-Gloom

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

I've watched him play in big games(including Olympics) and watched him fold under the pressure...it's not the teams, its him.

Exactly! Lou's contract is bad enough but to give up players or picks to get him is crazy, who is that desperate?

#15 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

#1 Shittsburgh Hater

• PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

The Bleacher Report confirmed that Philly is not interested in Luongo.

9gkdqp.jpg

#16 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

#1 Shittsburgh Hater

• PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

^ uh.......what?

9gkdqp.jpg

#17 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

A Misguided Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,625 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

NOT LOU!!! I see enough of him, since I live in Western Canada. Philly would chew him up and spit him out. Run with Bryz, and beef up our D.

You & me both.

Both goalies have had good regular season #s but show less then desired in the playoffs (regardless how Canuck fans try to excuse it).

Better the devil we have then the 1 Vancouver is still overpricing. With Kesler out again they likely want a 2nd line center, raid our prospects & coming draft picks.

NFW!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#18 flyersfan27

flyersfan27

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

I stand by what I said in January. Keep Bryz and Boosh. The forwards are coming around. It's the defence that needs addressing. What would it take to pry Byfuglien out of Winnipeg? (Sorry Flyersfan52)

#19 KyleBucket

KyleBucket

#SaveUsHexy

• PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

I don't believe this for a second. Yes, we've seen some crazy stuff in the past 3 years. But, I refuse to believe this has any legs to it. I don't believe anything that "serious" unless McKenzie speaks of it.

Edited by KyleBucket, 28 February 2013 - 11:26 PM.

nlxsts.jpg

#20 Mimikadze

Mimikadze

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Как-то это все лояльно

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use