SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

What will it take ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,304 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

What will it take for you to forgive the NHL this time around ?

I know none of it will happen as most fans will just take this newest slap in the face in stride only to say "thankyou sir...may I have another". The NHL knows this and couldn't care less about the fans getting upset...they know most will be back without so much as a "sorry".

If thats all I'm getting...then the NHL can go F--- themselves as far as I'm concerned. Over the last 30yrs. I have spent a small fortune on this league and that is over. Theres better things to spend money on, for instance...it was a great X-mass for family and friends. I have gotten some great new fishing gear this year and my sons college fund is growing by leaps and bounds.
This was the worst thing that could of happened to the NHL...me actually realizing how much money I really waste on it. It's going to take a lot for me to go back to those days...but for starters:

First and foremost, I would want all the working class people who lost work over this compensated somehow. It could backpay and/or decent raise for stadium workers that lost shifts. These are really the people who suffer from all this greed, I do feel bad for the people selling merchandise and the local buisnesses who make money from the games, but the stadium workers are the most directly affected IMO.
Now I know a few of you are going to say " your boycott does not help these people, you hippocrite", but I know so many will just go back to spending their money there that my pittance will not affect the big picture.

Ticket, parking and consession prices must come down. It's a joke that going to an NHL game cost more than any other sport. Its not a supply and demand thing,if you got less to offer than the NFL or the MLB...you should cost less.

The greedy players who went overseas to play/take someone elses job...I will never be able to forgive. If it were up to me, they would not be allowed to return.

Let the flaming begin.....

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use