SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

Have it your way....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

As the fans, we essentially pay the bills. We should have say in all of this.

Since theres not much else to talk about, tell me how you would want to see things run from now.I'm not asking for it to be fair or realistic, just how you feel about it at the moment. :)

1. No more salary cap, if your small market team can't afford to keep up...bye-bye.
2. No more contracts over 3yrs., it's just bad buisness to try to predict how a player will perform 10yrs. from now.
3.No more profit/revenue sharing. The players will get a salary per season, thats it.
4.No more no trade/ no movement clauses, teams and fans should not have to be stuck with you when you don't perform and also with there now being no salary cap, teams may feel free to waive/cut you and not have to worry about the cap hit. Players will receive full payment owed for their current contract at this point and will be considered a free agent.
5. A player who holds out of refuses to play for a team may do so and may become a free agent by paying the remainder of thir contract to the team, essentially buying themselves out. No more "demanding" a trade.
6. The players who currently fled to play overseas are banned from my NHL for life.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#2 xXACACIA89

xXACACIA89

2nd Line Winger

• Moderators
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

As the fans, we essentially pay the bills. We should have say in all of this.

Since theres not much else to talk about, tell me how you would want to see things run from now.I'm not asking for it to be fair or realistic, just how you feel about it at the moment. :)

1. No more salary cap, if your small market team can't afford to keep up...bye-bye.
I would LOVE this and it would solve all the league's money problems but it will never happen with Bettman as commissioner. His whole thing is to expand US markets and get better TV deals. Whats funny is to me, it looked like some of the smaller markets were finally starting to gain popularity. So what do they do? They let another lockout happen to stifle all of that enthusiasm and guarantee that all but the hardcore fans will lose interest. Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Donald Fehr, and all of the other idiots responsible for this need to step down IMMEDIATELY.

2. No more contracts over 3yrs., it's just bad buisness to try to predict how a player will perform 10yrs. from now.
I might say 5 years. 10-15 year contracts are absurd.

3.No more profit/revenue sharing. The players will get a salary per season, thats it.
Agreed.

4.No more no trade/ no movement clauses, teams and fans should not have to be stuck with you when you don't perform and also with there now being no salary cap, teams may feel free to waive/cut you and not have to worry about the cap hit. Players will receive full payment owed for their current contract at this point and will be considered a free agent.
Will never happen but agreed.

5. A player who holds out of refuses to play for a team may do so and may become a free agent by paying the remainder of thir contract to the team, essentially buying themselves out. No more "demanding" a trade.
Considering how its rare for someone to demand a trade out of Philly, I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

6. The players who currently fled to play overseas are banned from my NHL for life.
Hmm. Yes if we can dodge Bryz, no for Giroux. B)

#3 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

^^^^

I had meant to add that Gary Bettman is fired. :cheers:

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#4 LatentC

LatentC

3rd-string beach ball repellant

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

^^^^

I had meant to add that Gary Bettman is fired. :cheers:

I always assume that anyways :tehesmily:

welcome to FLYERS!nhl.com - where we will verbally slap you so hard that you'll think you just fell off the bridge to Terabithia...and DROWNED...#yeahIwentThere #spoilerz   :ph34r:
hailtheking2.jpg

#5 LatentC

LatentC

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

This is the only one that I disagree with, and the main one that I see continuously popping up for some yet-unknown, asinine reason. A union does not have to show solidarity when they are not performing a strike. They have been refused the chance to perform their jobs and are doing so in the best manner they know how to. God forbid that some people decide to stay in shape and pick up a paycheck, eh?
(in b4 "oh but they put a poor European out of a job"...yeah, that's called COMPETITION. It happens in every single goddamn league out there, and that's why our NHL stars are in the league that they are and not being sidelined for a bunch of AHL fringe players. Common goddamn sense, people)

Posted Image

Edited by LatentC, 28 October 2012 - 11:26 PM.

welcome to FLYERS!nhl.com - where we will verbally slap you so hard that you'll think you just fell off the bridge to Terabithia...and DROWNED...#yeahIwentThere #spoilerz   :ph34r:
hailtheking2.jpg

#6 colliefan

colliefan

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

end revue sharing and let each team rise of fall on its own merits.

if the area can support an additional team, and another team is not making money, allow that team to relocate to that area.

drop both the cap and the floor in terms of salary and let the teams may what they will. life is fundamentally unfair

#7 5Liter

5Liter

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Fire Bettman
Fire Shannahan, something needs to be done with the inconsistent suspensions.
Make the penguins jersey's pink.
Maybe have a "Challenge" rule a coach could use once a game for blown calls. Like NFL.
Keep The trapezoid, let the goalies play outside that area but can be legally hit (outside the trapezoid).
Make A puck that automatically turns the goal light on when fully crossing the goal line.

#8 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Fire Bettman
Fire Shannahan, something needs to be done with the inconsistent suspensions.
Make the penguins jersey's pink.
Maybe have a "Challenge" rule a coach could use once a game for blown calls. Like NFL.
Keep The trapezoid, let the goalies play outside that area but can be legally hit (outside the trapezoid).
Make A puck that automatically turns the goal light on when fully crossing the goal line.

Agree with everything.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#9 Flyersrule25

Flyersrule25

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

I agree with some of the ideas but here are mine.
1. Fire Bettman
2. Get rid of the draft lottery and just do the order in the order in which teams finish so that teams who finish last do not get the 2nd pick instead of the 1st (2006 Draft still stings)
3. Eliminate the trapezoid and make the goalie fair game if he leaves the net. If a goalie has to think about getting hit, then he may not try to play the puck as much which is more effective than the dumb trapezoid.
4. Come up with set punishments for shots to the head instead of just throwing out numbers and making a video to explain it.
5. Eliminate the instigator rule. No explaining needed.
6. Rethink delay of game for shooting over the glass and slashing for breaking an opponent's stick. Both are lame and questionable. If a goalie shoots it over, then it should be a penalty like before.
7. Like the NFL, make all scoring plays automatically reviewable. I believe the NCAA does this for hockey.
8. NO MORE SHOOTOUTS and no 4 on 4 OT!!! 10 minutes of 5 on 5.
9. Let injured guys over 35 retire if they are seriously injured even if they have long term deals. Pronger should just be allowed to officially retire with no consequences. His age has nothing to do with his injury.

Edited by Flyersrule25, 30 October 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#10 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I agree with some of the ideas but here are mine.
1. Fire Bettman
2. Get rid of the draft lottery and just do the order in the order in which teams finish so that teams who finish last do not get the 2nd pick instead of the 1st (2006 Draft still stings)3. Eliminate the trapezoid and make the goalie fair game if he leaves the net. If a goalie has to think about getting hit, then he may not try to play the puck as much which is more effective than the dumb trapezoid.
4. Come up with set punishments for shots to the head instead of just throwing out numbers and making a video to explain it.
5. Eliminate the instigator rule. No explaining needed.6. Rethink delay of game for shooting over the glass and slashing for breaking an opponent's stick. Both are lame and questionable. If a goalie shoots it over, then it should be a penalty like before.
7. Like the NFL, make all scoring plays automatically reviewable. I believe the NCAA does this for hockey.
8. NO MORE SHOOTOUTS and no 4 on 4 OT!!! 10 minutes of 5 on 5.9. Let injured guys over 35 retire if they are seriously injured even if they have long term deals. Pronger should just be allowed to officially retire with no consequences. His age has nothing to do with his injury.

Agree with everything, especially the bolded.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#11 LatentC

LatentC

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Agree with everything, especially the bolded.

You forgot to bold the most important one, the one we all agree on: FIRE GODDAMN BETTMAN!
:cheers:

hailtheking2.jpg

#12 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

A Misguided Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

1) Contracts to a max of 5 years (renewable in the last year). This ends the back loaded contracts.
2) NMC/NTC only to players that have been with the team 5 consecutive years. If such a player later demands a trade that clause is voided (Heatley rule).
3) No shootouts or regular season OT. If the teams play to a tie they both deserve the 1 point.
4) Change the weighting of the draft lottery so that all teams that miss the playoffs have an equal shot @ 1/1. Fans deny their team tanked but if #17 had the same chance @ 1st overall as #30 it would remove incentive to even attempt it.
5) HRR counts from both sides. Endorsement deals count toward the players %. Sid the plumber wouldn't get the $s so it's HRR.
6) Axe the instigator rule.
7) With compo sticks that break easier remove the tap that breaks it as counting as a slash.
8) Eliminate the 35+ rule. If the player is good enough to play @ that age treat him like any other.
9) A player that plays overseas during a strike/lockout is treated as a defected player. All defected players are banned from the NHL for a year.
10) Goals reviewable.

Posted Image

#13 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

1) Contracts to a max of 5 years (renewable in the last year). This ends the back loaded contracts.
2) NMC/NTC only to players that have been with the team 5 consecutive years. If such a player later demands a trade that clause is voided (Heatley rule).
3) No shootouts or regular season OT. If the teams play to a tie they both deserve the 1 point.
4) Change the weighting of the draft lottery so that all teams that miss the playoffs have an equal shot @ 1/1. Fans deny their team tanked but if #17 had the same chance @ 1st overall as #30 it would remove incentive to even attempt it.
5) HRR counts from both sides. Endorsement deals count toward the players %. Sid the plumber wouldn't get the $s so it's HRR.
6) Axe the instigator rule.
7) With compo sticks that break easier remove the tap that breaks it as counting as a slash.
8) Eliminate the 35+ rule. If the player is good enough to play @ that age treat him like any other.
9) A player that plays overseas during a strike/lockout is treated as a defected player. All defected players are banned from the NHL for a year.10) Goals reviewable.

That year should count against their current contract IMO.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#14 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

A Misguided Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

That year should count against their current contract IMO.

Make it a team's choice.
For instance, Bryz it counts. Giroux owes us that year. :)

Glad to see you survived Frankenstorm Bud.
I hope everyone else did.

Posted Image

#15 LatentC

LatentC

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Glad to see you survived Frankenstorm Bud.
I hope everyone else did.

Posting from south-central PA, that storm was all hype. I was hoping for the end of the world and all I got were some gutters clogged with leaves. :tehesmily:

hailtheking2.jpg

#16 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

The President's Trophy winner should be champion.
Posted Image

#17 Mitt

Mitt

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Mmmmmm.....Burger King.....
Posted Image

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use