SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

November games cancelled

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,467 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

The grinches in the league cancelled all of November.

Flyers games affected are as follows:

Nov. 1 vs. New Jersey
Nov. 3 vs. Anaheim
Nov. 4 @ NY Rangers
Nov. 6 vs. Buffalo
Nov. 8 @ Carolina
Nov. 10 vs. Carolina
Nov. 13 vs. Minnesota
Nov. 16 @ Buffalo
Nov. 17 vs. Buffalo
Nov. 21 vs. Ottawa
Nov. 23 vs. Winnipeg
Nov. 24 @ NY Rangers
Nov. 28 @ Toronto
Nov. 29 @ NY Islanders
Posted Image

#2 MisterShipWreck

MisterShipWreck

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

This is really starting to suck...

Posted Image

#3 LatentC

LatentC

3rd-string beach ball repellant

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

This is really starting to suck...

"starting"?

You're a little late to the party, methinks :tehesmily:

Up next: The Winter Classic! Once that goes, you can confidently kiss the rest of the season goodbye.

Edited by LatentC, 30 October 2012 - 06:40 PM.

welcome to FLYERS!nhl.com - where we will verbally slap you so hard that you'll think you just fell off the bridge to Terabithia...and DROWNED...#yeahIwentThere #spoilerz   :ph34r:
hailtheking2.jpg

#4 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

"starting"?

You're a little late to the party, methinks :tehesmily:

Up next: The Winter Classic! Once that goes, you can confidently kiss the rest of the season goodbye.

They should still play the Alumni game...you can't lockout retired players. :popcorn:

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#5 LatentC

LatentC

3rd-string beach ball repellant

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

They should still play the Alumni game...you can't lockout retired players. :popcorn:

I'd pay money to see that, but I think the insurance costs for the old men would outweigh the amount of revenue being drawn. $2 million dollars is a lot of money to rent out an entire stadium for a day, just to watch some partially-fossilized guys break their hips. :tehesmily:

Official cancellation comes this Thursday! And with that, goodbye 2012-13 season. Now there will be two empty spots on Lord Stanley's Cup...how the **** is Bettman still in office? All these goddamn lazy fans need to revolt already, this is appalling and a total disgrace. :pb:

welcome to FLYERS!nhl.com - where we will verbally slap you so hard that you'll think you just fell off the bridge to Terabithia...and DROWNED...#yeahIwentThere #spoilerz   :ph34r:
hailtheking2.jpg

#6 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

#1 Shittsburgh Hater

• PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

Sad thing is I don't even care anymore. I'm over it. See you all next season.

9gkdqp.jpg

5/7/14......the Hextall era begins....

#7 Ruffles

Ruffles

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Sad thing is I don't even care anymore. I'm over it. See you all next season.

+1

I'm just trying to think of other things these days. No point caring.

Shoot the puck.

#8 bstookey

bstookey

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Go Sixers! The NHLPA is dead to me this season.

#9 SadButTrue

SadButTrue

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

I've been a die hard Flyers fan since I was 6 yrs old. (1986 Stanley Cup vs Oilers). After the shortened season and the missed season I was very suspicious of the League ever regaining the glory it once had. I was wrong, the game came back and was played faster and more fierce than ever. With the current lockout threatening an entire season again, I'm confident in saying I will forfeit my season tickets and never buy even a keychain from the NHL again if this seson is axed. It's about the sport first, fans second and frankly thier actions (both sides..nobody is innocent here...all greedy) have clearly stated that they do not care in anyway about the fans or the sport. With that being said, "NHL ! if there is no season just pack it up and move on to something else because your product will not only be irrelevant it will be damaged beyond repair this time"

To all the dedicated NHL fans out there, I'm sorry we live in a time of great greed and insecurity. All we can do is hope and wait.

Lets Go 76ers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Buster4

Buster4

Prospect

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

I've been a die hard Flyers fan since I was 6 yrs old. (1986 Stanley Cup vs Oilers). After the shortened season and the missed season I was very suspicious of the League ever regaining the glory it once had. I was wrong, the game came back and was played faster and more fierce than ever. With the current lockout threatening an entire season again, I'm confident in saying I will forfeit my season tickets and never buy even a keychain from the NHL again if this seson is axed. It's about the sport first, fans second and frankly thier actions (both sides..nobody is innocent here...all greedy) have clearly stated that they do not care in anyway about the fans or the sport. With that being said, "NHL ! if there is no season just pack it up and move on to something else because your product will not only be irrelevant it will be damaged beyond repair this time"

To all the dedicated NHL fans out there, I'm sorry we live in a time of great greed and insecurity. All we can do is hope and wait.

Lets Go 76ers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been a fan since 73 and rarely miss a game, but I am totally with you. I'm done!!!!! If they think when this thing is over that everybody will be back, they missed their mark on this one. They can KISS MY A$$!!!! I feel sorry for none of them. Players, owners and who sells popcorn. Enough is enough. If they made bad decisions by putting teams in places that had no business in having a team, then cut your loses and move on. If you started paying your players more than they are worth, shame on you, if the players want to hold out for more money than cut their *** and don't let them back in for 5 years. I am so ****ed I could go on and on. I think it's time to drop Comcast, the home of the Flyers. It's the only thing that will get even with one of the owners. Sixers, yuck!!!

#11 JohnnyDrama55

JohnnyDrama55

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

^^ Man, this is hilarious ^^ you better be done good for good SADBUTTRUE Anyway, I think they're all greedy *******s but people saying they're completely done w the NHL are full of it and naive. We love the sport too much, plain and simple, so when it comes back you will be right there watching. I will still go to games but i will no longer buy players merchandise. I mean granted I haven't done that in years, but I still cant help having love for that Flyers logo with or without NHL. Its a shame because it is suppose to be about playing the sport you love for the fans who love it but that's over with. NHL was making a come back but now will be back at the bottom behind sports that aren't even nearly as entertaining as hockey.
If Hanrahan's wife's a dyke, does that make him a f*g?

#12 Legion-of-Gloom

Legion-of-Gloom

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

^^ Man, this is hilarious ^^ you better be done good for good SADBUTTRUE Anyway, I think they're all greedy *******s but people saying they're completely done w the NHL are full of it and naive. We love the sport too much, plain and simple, so when it comes back you will be right there watching. I will still go to games but i will no longer buy players merchandise. I mean granted I haven't done that in years, but I still cant help having love for that Flyers logo with or without NHL. Its a shame because it is suppose to be about playing the sport you love for the fans who love it but that's over with. NHL was making a come back but now will be back at the bottom behind sports that aren't even nearly as entertaining as hockey.

I would have to agree, I love the Flyers so much I would watch them even if I was given an electrical shock every 5 minutes.

#13 PhillyCrush

PhillyCrush

The Engineer

• PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

So if they come back this week with a deal will we see new games scheduled for the last 2 weeks of this month?

I hope so. Now that the Iggles are the laughting stock of the NFL and I do not watch B-ball I am in need of an NHL adreneline shot asap!

There is only just much watching sitcoms with the wife I can handle.

WayneSimmonds1_zps2e20b472.png

#14 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

A Misguided Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,625 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

So if they come back this week with a deal will we see new games scheduled for the last 2 weeks of this month?

I hope so. Now that the Iggles are the laughting stock of the NFL and I do not watch B-ball I am in need of an NHL adreneline shot asap!

There is only just much watching sitcoms with the wife I can handle.

Once a settlement is reached I believe they'll give those playing overseas a few days to get back here (some have already left teams in Austria) & then hold a 1 week training camp before we get serious hockey. During that time they can draw up a schedule to see how much of the season can be salvaged.

For a hockey fix the Subway Super Series started Monday with Team Russia beating Team QMJHL 6-2. Yesterday the Q evened it up with a 5-2 win.
Tonight it moves on to Guelph where Russia faces Team OHL. Scott Laughton is scheduled to play tonight so we see 1 future Flyer.

The games are on Sportsnet up here but I'm not sure if they are being shown in the US. The usual sites should be showing them I imagine.

It's good hockey featuring recent picks & a bunch of draft eligible players.

Posted Image

#15 Flyers4Life74

Flyers4Life74

#1 Shittsburgh Hater

• PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'm with you on that one. While I will go on record and say that I'm extremely ****ed off about this whole thing, I will continue to support my Flyers, but from the comfort of my living room. I won't buy any merch nor will I go to any games for 2 years, 1 if they show good behavior :)

9gkdqp.jpg

5/7/14......the Hextall era begins....

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use