SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

Adirondack Phantoms Starting Roster

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Adirondack Phantoms Starting Roster (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you plan on attending any Phantoms games this season?

1. Yes (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. No (5 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LatentC

LatentC

悪名。憎しみ。楽しい気分。

• PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Holmgren just released the 2012-2013 starting roster for our Adirondack Phantoms!

(from the article on the Flyers main page [link included])

The Phantoms roster currently including 15 forwards, eight defensemen, and two goalies. Ten Phantoms have experience in the NHL including nine who played with the Philadelphia Flyers last year.

There will be plenty of recognition among Phantoms fans on this Adirondack roster. 20 out of the 25 on the roster have played for the Phantoms in the past including 18 players who were with the team last year.

The 25 players arriving in Glens Falls heading into the last week of training camp include:

Goalies:
Cal Heeter
Scott Munroe

Defensemen:
Marc-Andre Bourdon
Jeff Dimmen
Cullen Eddy
Zack Fitzgerald
Erik Gustafsson
Oliver Lauridsen
Brandon Manning Danny Syvret

Forwards:
Rob Bordson
Tyler Brown
Sean Couturier
Shane Harper
Ben Holmstrom
Andrew Johnston
Matt Ford
Matt Mangene
Tye McGinn
Zac Rinaldo
Garrett Roe
Brayden Schenn
Mike Testwuide
Eric Wellwood
Harry Zolnierczyk

Additionally, six players have been assigned to the Trenton Titans of the ECHL.

Those players include: Jason Akeson, Tyler Hostetter, Niko Hovinen, Blake Kessel, Marcel Noebels and Luke Pither.

I was rather surprised to see Akeson, Hovinen, and Kessel didn't make the cut. I understand that Hovinen had a rather poor showing in the first preseason game, but I hadn't heard anything negative about Kessel. It's a shame, since I was looking forward to seeing Blake take another step forward soon.

Akeson had 55 points in 70-some games with the Phantoms last season and had a differential of -9. It's shocking to see him dropped to the ECHL after such a breakout season in the AHL. Ah well, Holmgren will be Holmgren.

(who the **** is Garrett Roe anyways?)

I'm looking forward to getting out to see a couple of the Phantoms' games this year, especially with Couts and Schenn in the lineup. Hopefully Heeter can step up and provide the team with some much-needed stability in net.

Anyone else excited for the start of the season? :cheers:
(since it's not looking likely that we'll get to see the start of the NHL season any time soon...sigh)

Maybe we can coordinate meet-ups at some of the games! ;)

[BTW, posting this thread in General Discussion since this seems to be the most active section of the boards, and honestly the only one I check nowadays]

Edited by LatentC, 09 October 2012 - 02:15 PM.

No thread is safe...your post-count is insufficient......oh yeah, and LET'S GO FLYERS! :ph34r:
zamb1_a.png

#2 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

I went to an AHL preseason game on Sunday (Norfolk Admirals v Charlotte Checkers) I'm very thankful that there is a local AHL team here. Was hoping Jeff Skinner was playing for Charlotte, but couldn't be that lucky, I suppose. Did see the youngest Staal though. I plan on catching as many games as possible, so definitely want to see the phantoms play down here.

Not surprised about Kessel for some reason. I am surprised about Akeson and a few others that got sent to the ECHL though.

Flyers Faithful Check it out. Seriously. Because I said so.

#3 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

A Misguided Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

There are players that would normally be Flyers on that roster so someone has to be bumped to give Couturier & Schenn playing time (Akeson).

1 of Gus or MAB would have been a Flyer so Kessel gets ECHL minutes instead.

I also read Hovinen had a bad camp.

@ least they're in our system rather then flying Air KHL.

Posted Image

#4 The_Mighty_Tim

The_Mighty_Tim

The Notorious T.I.M.

• Moderators
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

I voted no, since I'm 3000 miles away.

But I'll watch them on the TV, if I can!

#5 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

A Misguided Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I voted no, since I'm 3000 miles away.

But I'll watch them on the TV, if I can!

& there's a puddle of water between you & Philly. :D

I had to go no also as a trip to Adirondak from Mb. isn't high on my to-do list.
Like you, I'll check for TV or feeds if I can find them.

Posted Image

#6 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,389 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Couturier first star in first game. Just saying. :P
Posted Image

#7 LatentC

LatentC

悪名。憎しみ。楽しい気分。

• PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

Couturier first star in first game. Just saying. :P

Not like it came as any surprise :tehesmily:

There's no reason why he and Schenn wouldn't tear up the AHL. :popcorn:

No thread is safe...your post-count is insufficient......oh yeah, and LET'S GO FLYERS! :ph34r:
zamb1_a.png

#8 GM4ADAY_Coach2

GM4ADAY_Coach2

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Sabres fan here in peace----

From reading the comments here(things are pretty slow on Bflo. boards) it seems like the players have us right where they want us. Even though some of us say we're not happy,they can stay in Europe,the balls in their court now,etc.,etc.---the first thing every wants to see is --the NHL players who are playing in the AHL.

I think the only way to get this done and show our disgust for this whole thing would be to stop supporting hockey on ALL levels. They(owners and players) stopped supporting us altogether. People are out of jobs from ticket takers,parking attendants, concession workers,and beyond to local business who depend on game nights to survive.

Question #1---if this continues and assuming most or all arenas are owned by their local municipalities---where are the revenues going to come from to manage and maintain these arenas? My guess is the tax payers who are now unemployed?

Quote--"The Rochester Americans scored a goal in each period, including another on the power-play, to cruise to a 3-1 win over the North Division rival Hamilton Bulldogs Tuesday night in front of 10,936 fans, the largest crowd for an Amerks home game since the 2004-05 season, at the First Niagara Center in downtown Buffalo."

That quote brings up question #2----Who owns the Rochester Americans---answer is---Terry Pegula(NHL owner of the Sabres). People are still supporting BOTH sides--owners and players.

Just thought I would present this and your comments will be greatly accepted(as is any hockey talk right now.

#9 Simmonds4Prez

Simmonds4Prez

The Engineer

• PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

I believe that is why they are talking about cancelling quite a few games, so those arenas can book circus, ice capades, concerts, etc... to generate their revenue.

WayneSimmonds1_zps2e20b472.png

#10 LatentC

LatentC

悪名。憎しみ。楽しい気分。

• PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Sabres fan here in peace----

From reading the comments here(things are pretty slow on Bflo. boards) it seems like the players have us right where they want us. Even though some of us say we're not happy,they can stay in Europe,the balls in their court now,etc.,etc.---the first thing every wants to see is --the NHL players who are playing in the AHL.

I think the only way to get this done and show our disgust for this whole thing would be to stop supporting hockey on ALL levels. They(owners and players) stopped supporting us altogether. People are out of jobs from ticket takers,parking attendants, concession workers,and beyond to local business who depend on game nights to survive.

Question #1---if this continues and assuming most or all arenas are owned by their local municipalities---where are the revenues going to come from to manage and maintain these arenas? My guess is the tax payers who are now unemployed?

Quote--"The Rochester Americans scored a goal in each period, including another on the power-play, to cruise to a 3-1 win over the North Division rival Hamilton Bulldogs Tuesday night in front of 10,936 fans, the largest crowd for an Amerks home game since the 2004-05 season, at the First Niagara Center in downtown Buffalo."

That quote brings up question #2----Who owns the Rochester Americans---answer is---Terry Pegula(NHL owner of the Sabres). People are still supporting BOTH sides--owners and players.

Just thought I would present this and your comments will be greatly accepted(as is any hockey talk right now.

Answer #1 : Yep, we are the ones footing the bill. Feels bad, man.

Answer #2: This was not a question, as you answered it yourself. :tehesmily:

As much as we'd LOVE to boycott the greedy NHL owners on all levels, we still want to see some goddamned hockey. It's very much a no-win scenario from a moral/ethical standpoint...but at least we still can buy overpriced beers! :dizzy:

zamb1_a.png

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use