SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

Lock-out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Frostythekroman

Frostythekroman

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

In the event of a lock-out what happens to us partial season ticket holders? I obviously do not want to keep paying if there will not be any games.

#2 heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn

Fire Homer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

I am pretty sure that once the lockout is official they will not collect anymore payments. The question is if they look to refund any money right away or not. I am about $4,000 deep already for my season tickets this year.

Section 103 Row 6

#3 Jdj71

Jdj71

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

I would like to say as a season ticket holder I will want a full refund if the owners are this greedy. I will NEVER attend another NHL game. I will also dump comcast and get verizon fios. I work 60 hours a week to pay my morgage and will not pay another dime to a group of greedy owners. It is not my fault that the owners have put themselves in this position. How can the Minnesota Wild owner pay 196 million and then ask for a pay decrease because he can't afford to pay that amount? How is that legal?

#4 Flyers69

Flyers69

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

We just tried to cancel our tickets and were told it's a contract and pretty much to get lost. They were pretty rude about the whole thing.

If there is a lockout, we will try again since it would seem to me the contract is no longer valid since they no longer are providing to me what I am paying for.

Either way, this is our last year buying tickets. I am pretty sure I will never go to another game, buy another jersey or give the NHL any more of my money. This is a disgrace to the fans and the players. I will just sit in my Flyers themed basement and watch for free.

#5 Frostythekroman

Frostythekroman

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

We just tried to cancel our tickets and were told it's a contract and pretty much to get lost. They were pretty rude about the whole thing.

If there is a lockout, we will try again since it would seem to me the contract is no longer valid since they no longer are providing to me what I am paying for.

Either way, this is our last year buying tickets. I am pretty sure I will never go to another game, buy another jersey or give the NHL any more of my money. This is a disgrace to the fans and the players. I will just sit in my Flyers themed basement and watch for free.

I am no lawyer but I do believe the contract would be void at the time very first game cancelled or not played. We may have to go the route that some NFL fans did last year and jump on a class action suit to get our money back. As a partial holder I am not in as deep some are... I couldnt imagine being down $4,000. I too will be calling on Monday Sept 17th if in fact they do announce the lockout on the 16th since it technically cant go into affect until then. My first game is supposed to be on the 25th, a pre-season game vs the blackhawks, to me if this game is skipped then they didnt live up to their end of the contract (even though it is pre-season).

#6 Jdj71

Jdj71

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

I feel sorry for the agents that work on commision as they will los a lot of money come Monday. I too will be calling to cancel.

#7 heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn

Fire Homer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

I will also be cancelling my tickets, I sure hope they communicate on Monday or else this is going to get messy for all the ticket reps.

Edited by heyeaglefn, 15 September 2012 - 10:17 PM.

Section 103 Row 6

#8 bmac11

bmac11

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

Edited by bmac11, 17 September 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#9 Frostythekroman

Frostythekroman

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

After I make my call on Monday I have also decided to send my tickets and the entire package back in a registered letter to Mr. Snider thanking the owners, the nhl and the NHLPA for taking away the game from those who actually do make it happen, those who pay the money that they are arguing over. We are the ones who suffer from this, not the Millionaire players, not the millionaire owners.

And Bmac, While I understand what you are saying there are also verbal contracts which hold up in law courts and that is the stance they would take. Our best option is a class action suit, it incurs less cost for all of us combined and we have a greater chance to win our money back. Anyone know of a good lawyer to get one started? Im going to be asking around since I really do not know how to get one started.

#10 Frostythekroman

Frostythekroman

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

I must say I am really surprised after I received and email stating that they will refund the money. True it is partial refunds on a game by game basis but that is better than them just saying nope we hold until next year.

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use