#1 The_Mighty_Tim

The_Mighty_Tim

The Notorious T.I.M.

• Moderators
  • 2,584 posts
  • LocationCambridge, UK

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

2011-12 Flyers Predict-a-Score Game

Back for it's fifth season - it's the Flyers Predict-a-Score Game for the 2011-12 season. Think you predict the outcome of the Flyers games this season? Well, lets see how accurate you are compared to your FMB friends. Who will join aphockey, Kappy and two-time Champion ericmedc in the Predict-a-Score Hall of Fame? Will it be you?

It works like this. Simply tell me what you think the score will be in each game, and score points accordingly. You will score 1 point for getting the score right, 1 point for getting the winning team right and 1 point for getting the goal difference correct. This means up to 3 points per game are up for grabs. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to earn double points by predicting the All Star Game result. Further details will be available nearer the time. The person(s) with the highest score at the end of the season will be crowned the 2011-12 FMB Predict-a-Score Champion.

So, I hope you will all enjoy! Standings will be available via the link in my signature!

Official Rules

1. Predictions must be made either in this thread, the appropriate GDT or sent to me via PM. Predictions made elsewhere will not be counted.
2. Predictions for a game must be made before the game starts.
3. Occasionally, mistakes may occur. If you spot something amiss in the scores or the rules, let me know, and I'll sort it out as best I can. I'm only human. However, the decisions of me (or, if I'm not available, my designated subsitute) are final.
4. I will try to update the scores and stats after each game. But like I said, I'm only human, so don't worry if results aren't up immediately.
5. This is meant to be a harmless bit of fun, with nothing at stake, save bragging rights. So, please don't take it too seriously, and do not cheat. If I find you cheating for whatever reason, I will disqualify you from this game, and possibly future games.
6. Have fun!

Enjoy!

#2 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

A Misguided Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,626 posts
  • LocationFriendly Manitoba

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

I'll start. Game 1: Flyers over Bruins 3-2.

The Bruins will be distracted by their pretty new banner. :cheers: :lol:

Posted Image

#3 LatentC

LatentC

3rd-string beach ball repellant

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • LocationI AM ZAMBONI

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

I'll go next, but one-up from the last, because I want to see the Bruins humiliated for getting away with robbery/murder last year. Especially Chara, who got away with assault thanks to Campbell's dad.

So I'll say the final score will be 4 - 2, Flyers' favor. I'd go higher but then it'd be unrealistic...my own reasoning behind the score in this scenario allows for Bryz to let in a soft goal and then Boston getting ushered a PP goal. It'll take each Flyers line pitching in to overcome the Boston defense (rather overcome Chara's garbage clutching and general-"getting away with whatever he wants").

(Honestly though, I expect the league to pull out all the stops in favor of Boston for that game, so they don't lose face in front of a home crowd. Disgustingly cynical, but seems the most likely scenario, considering how rigged the playoffs were last season...)

I refuse to predict a Flyers' loss on the season opener, though, so my answer remains 4-2, lol :icon_topic:

Edited by LatentC, 29 September 2011 - 03:49 PM.

welcome to FLYERS!nhl.com - where we will verbally slap you so hard that you'll think you just fell off the bridge to Terabithia...and DROWNED...#yeahIwentThere #spoilerz   :ph34r:
hailtheking2.jpg

#4 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts
  • Locationthe Kings bandwagon

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

I'll try to play all year this year Tim :P

Flyers 2
Bruins 3

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#5 Edu-ro

Edu-ro

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

Flyers 3
Bruins 1
Posted Image

#6 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

Flyers 5-3 Bruins

#7 Mitt

Mitt

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

2-1 Flyers win
Posted Image

#8 ericmedc

ericmedc

is needed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:24 AM

Two time champion, love the sound of that :D

Flyers win 2-1
Hakuna Matata

I predict that my point is more correct then yours. With the help of time zones, those predictions are usually quite accurate

#9 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

4-2 Bruins
Posted Image

#10 DA-42

DA-42

Always has a GAA under 2.00

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationVoorhees

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

Maybe I'll actually stick with this this year and give myself a chance for the triple crown.

PHI 4
BOS 2
The shadow alex ross cover 11

#11 ericmedc

ericmedc

is needed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:26 AM

Just checked the archive. Wow, will be a challenge to beat AP's winning season. Without doing it the same way he did ofc
Hakuna Matata

I predict that my point is more correct then yours. With the help of time zones, those predictions are usually quite accurate

#12 The_Mighty_Tim

The_Mighty_Tim

The Notorious T.I.M.

• Moderators
  • 2,584 posts
  • LocationCambridge, UK

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

The scoring system was slightly different in the first season, though.

#13 The_Mighty_Tim

The_Mighty_Tim

The Notorious T.I.M.

• Moderators
  • 2,584 posts
  • LocationCambridge, UK

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:04 AM

PHI 3:2 BOS

#14 ericmedc

ericmedc

is needed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

The scoring system was slightly different in the first season, though.

Ah, it gave additional points for OT, right?
Hakuna Matata

#15 Mitt

Mitt

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

2-1 Flyers win

Do I win a prize? :)
Posted Image

#16 The_Mighty_Tim

The_Mighty_Tim

The Notorious T.I.M.

• Moderators
  • 2,584 posts
  • LocationCambridge, UK

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

Do I win a prize? :)

No, but you get to share top spot!

Standings updated. Also, check out the all-new Records and Hall of Fame on the standings page!

#17 ericmedc

ericmedc

is needed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

Standings updated. Also, check out the all-new Records and Hall of Fame on the standings page!

I think you'd be better of not having the top 25 % stat there :lol:

Besides, would be nice with a top 25 perfect predictions as well, though I guess I'm still after Kappy on that one as well :P
Hakuna Matata

#18 The_Mighty_Tim

The_Mighty_Tim

The Notorious T.I.M.

• Moderators
  • 2,584 posts
  • LocationCambridge, UK

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:18 AM

I think you'd be better of not having the top 25 % stat there :lol:

Besides, would be nice with a top 25 perfect predictions as well, though I guess I'm still after Kappy on that one as well :P

I meant to put that one up, but forgot. Will do that later this afternoon.

#19 Edu-ro

Edu-ro

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

Nice!

Flyers 3
Devils 2
Posted Image

#20 Mitt

Mitt

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

Flyers 4 Devils 1
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use