243 replies to this topic

#1 bchrissy77

bchrissy77

Бум

• Administrators
  • 10,932 posts
  • LocationBehind you, nice shirt

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

A welcoming thread to the "New", "Not so New but Infrequent" and the "Lurkers"... you know who you are. :D

We love introductions here so have at it!

Posted Image

#2 propp16

propp16

Starting Goalie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,503 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

I'll start. Hi, I'm propp16. I work on a site called Flyers Faithful with a number of other FMBers. I used to post obsessively on here but I've become more of a lurker now. I don't know why it happened but it seems to be related to the "View New Content" feature. It changed my mindset to focus on reading instead of writing. I was born in South Philly but live in NJ now. I've got two kids and have been a fan of the Flyers for my entire life.

Congrats again to Chrissy for becoming an Admin. This board needs someone like her in charge.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

Not new, not even "not so new but infrequent" and I usually don't lurk, but welcome to newbies and you can call me lax. I'm usually around once or twice a day and almost always in the game chat.

Edited by laxgrl2PA-c, 19 March 2011 - 10:51 PM.

#4 catkoladis

catkoladis

Unofficial Ambassador

• PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side Of The Moon

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:17 AM

Hey Flyers Fans! You all know me, cmon...I'm the Cat. ;) I was a long time lurker until I just had to start throwing my 2 cents in last year, and I have not left since...no really, I have no life. Okay, I do. I have 4 of the most awesome kids you will ever meet, two of whom are registered users of the boards w/their Mom. FlyerFan1209 is my eldest and only son, and Pandawesome is my first baby girl. (She is great w/photoshop and making avatars, and she's also thrown her hand in at signatures starting w/DA's. She is willing to work with anyone who wants her to create an avatar or sig for posting here, just let me know with a private message or catch me in chat during any Flyers game.) I also have a TKat and a Roo, who help me root for the Orange & Black. I have to say that I have traveled the NHL boards (mostly lurking) and we have a great group of posters here at the FMB including a good number who root mainly for other NHL teams, so don't be shy! :)

Posted Image

#5 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts
  • Locationthe Kings bandwagon

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

Hi, I'm Pat, I've been here since the beginning ( only one current poster here longer )and I'm usually here twice a day and post quite often. It's been great to meet new people and hear their perspectives. I'm hoping that this thread becomes the gateway to a few of you lurkers joining in on the conversation.

I would like to also congratulate Chrissy on becomming admin. and thank all the mods for the great job they do here.

Also, I highly recommend the Flyers Faithful site.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#6 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

A Misguided Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,626 posts
  • LocationFriendly Manitoba

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

Since the regulars are introducing themselves to the newer posters I'll say hi. I'm Flyerfan52 (FF52 or just 52 for short). I've been on the board for a few years through multiple change-overs.

I'm also the old guy on the board (52 being my birth year) as I started cheering for the Flyers in '69 when they were pretty well a Western Canadian team due to the roster. As shown in my avatar I'm from Manitoba. I'm always in game day chat & pop in @ least once a day to read the threads. I don't post as much as I used to but I read posts & am not shy to add or argue points. As others said, we don't always need to agree as other takes on a point produce ideas for consideration & keep the conversation fresh.

So welcome to the newer posters. There's a good bunch of people here (admin, mods & posters) so you're welcome to chime in on anything. We all share a passion for the Flyers so it's like a family. & like a family we will never all agree on anything but that 1 thing we have in common.

Posted Image

#7 Edu-ro

Edu-ro

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

Hi, guys! I'm Eduard, I've been on these boards for a couple of years or so. I'm from Romania, a long way from Philly, but still, I love the Flyers and try to watch every game I can.

I can assure the new guys from other countries (not US or Canada) that you are welcomed here. I'm pretty sure I don't have the best English skills and my hockey knowledge is far more modest than those of most of the posters, but I always felt among friends here.

Edited by Edu-ro, 21 March 2011 - 12:23 AM.

Posted Image

#8 The_Mighty_Tim

The_Mighty_Tim

The Notorious T.I.M.

• Moderators
  • 2,584 posts
  • LocationCambridge, UK

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

Hi everyone. I am The Mighty Tim - your friendly Flyers fan from across the pond. I used to live in New Jersey, but moved to the UK at the age of 7. But it was enough to give me the love of the Flyers!

I've been here since the beginning in 2007 (before one of the board metamorphoses, I had 5000+ posts and was member number 50-something), and have been a moderator here since 2008 (has it been three years already?!)

Due to the time differences, I'm not usually around for the games themselves, but I try my best!

To all the new members, I say welcome! :D

#9 ericmedc

ericmedc

is needed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:53 AM

Hi, I'm Eric. I live in Sweden and got into the Flyers thanks to Renberg (and Lindros) and managed to stay loyal to the orange and black. I've been on these boards pretty much since the beginning and not only do I love having somewhere to discuss hockey, but I've also learned a lot of english posting here.

I've actually only attended one NHL game in my life, and I hope I can one day go to the states and maybe see a Flyers game or two. Cheers
Hakuna Matata

I predict that my point is more correct then yours. With the help of time zones, those predictions are usually quite accurate

#10 rafman522

rafman522

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

**Hey, I'm Rafi. Some of my highschool friends and I just started getting real into hockey right before the Olympics last year. The finals game between Canada and USA was the only game i watched but it was enough to open my eyes to the best sport. I quickly found my roots with the flyers who, despite never watching games or staying knowledgeable on the game, I always played with them in the video games. Since then I've been a die hard flyers fan, living away from the promise land in Cincinnati, Ohio. My only true connection to Philly is that it was where both my brothers were born. But I've been repping the Orange and Black this entire season and hopefully to Lord Stanley House!**

*Somehow i got logged off so my username is rafman522

#11 KettleBlacK

KettleBlacK

Prospect

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

Hi there.

So, if I wanted to talk hockey in the past, I hopped on IRC or reddit.com out of habit. But I recently landed on this board, joined a game-time chat, and met some really cool folks. I live in northern Indiana (Blackhawk country) but I've been following the Flyers since I was about 13. A few seasons later, we added the Legion of Doom, and I was hooked. I'm 30 now, a professional computer nerd, and the father of twin 5-year-old girls who also love watching hockey. It's a challenge to be a hockey fan around here because basketball is king around here. Apparently, trying to get a hockey game on a bar television in March in Indiana is like slapping the basketball gods in the face! My closest pro teams are Chicago and Columbus, but I still come across the occasional Flyer fan 'round these parts. Also, thanks for the warm welcome that I have already received from the chatroom folks. See ya 'round the boards.

Edited by KettleBlacK, 22 March 2011 - 09:47 PM.

- - - LET'S GO FLYERS - - -

#12 Flyers-2010

Flyers-2010

3rd Line Agitator

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

Hmm, hello. I don't really know what to say, I live in Quebec, but I always hated the habs... I've been rooting for the flyers since the end of the 90's with John LeClair, Lindros (even though I don't really like what he did to Quebec, he was still a good player), etc. I didn't watch flyers hockey often until this year, because their games were not displayed in my region, but I have NHL Center Ice now, so I watch pretty much every Flyers game. I'm also a hockey player, I play every winter, but not in a strong league, it's mostly for fun. Sorry about my english btw, and feel free to correct me, it will help me to improve.

Edited by Flyers-2010, 24 March 2011 - 05:07 PM.

#13 Guest_Pkrazy99_*

Guest_Pkrazy99_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

Hello -

Newbie here. Huge Flyers fan. Heading up to NJ for the game next Friday - just wanted to see if others will be up there and if it's easy to take the train up

#14 laxgrl2PA-c

laxgrl2PA-c

• Moderators
  • 8,286 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hello -

Newbie here. Huge Flyers fan. Heading up to NJ for the game next Friday - just wanted to see if others will be up there and if it's easy to take the train up

welcome...I'm sure there will be plenty of Flyers fans there. I'm not from NJ or even Philly, but I went to a devs-flyers game in NJ and thought the train was easy enough :)

#15 DA-42

DA-42

Always has a GAA under 2.00

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationVoorhees

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

Okay, here it goes. My name is Dan, I'm 6'2", 21 years old, I like children, movies, long walks in the moonlight...huh? Oh, wait, this isn't my dating profile? Whoops, sorry guys.

ehem...

Hello! I am DA-42, formerly known as DA21, moderator and resident goaltending guru (sorry, Greek, you're not here enough) of the FMB. I've lost track of how long I've been a member of this board, in its various iterations, but fun times tend to run together, am I right? I'm from Voorhees, NJ, the son of a converted Bruins' fan who saw the light following the retirement of Bobby Orr. I've been a die-hard Flyers fan for the balance of my life, owning several jersey's, mooching off of my dad's season tickets for years, falling in and out of love with whatever starting goalie the Flyers happen to have on a particular month, and just in general enjoying the roller coaster that is life as a Flyers fan.

I was once extremely active in debates on the board, but I've been attempting to tone it down since becoming a moderator (in truth, I was kind of a p*ick). You'll still see me around here posting my opinions, however, and I'm always hovering around even if I'm not posting. So beware...muahahahahaha!!
The shadow alex ross cover 11

#16 cg41386

cg41386

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCherry Hill, NJ

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

I'm Cary. 24 (25 in less than three weeks, Jesus!), from Cherry Hill, NJ. Been a fan for a long time. Kinda went through a few years of being not as big of a fan during my teenage years but I've been a pretty big fan again for the past several years now.

#17 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

Okay, here it goes. My name is Dan, I'm 6'2", 21 years old, I like children, movies, long walks in the moonlight...huh? Oh, wait, this isn't my dating profile? Whoops, sorry guys.

ehem...

Hello! I am DA-42, formerly known as DA21, moderator and resident goaltending guru (sorry, Greek, you're not here enough) of the FMB. I've lost track of how long I've been a member of this board, in its various iterations, but fun times tend to run together, am I right? I'm from Voorhees, NJ, the son of a converted Bruins' fan who saw the light following the retirement of Bobby Orr. I've been a die-hard Flyers fan for the balance of my life, owning several jersey's, mooching off of my dad's season tickets for years, falling in and out of love with whatever starting goalie the Flyers happen to have on a particular month, and just in general enjoying the roller coaster that is life as a Flyers fan.

I was once extremely active in debates on the board, but I've been attempting to tone it down since becoming a moderator (in truth, I was kind of a p*ick). You'll still see me around here posting my opinions, however, and I'm always hovering around even if I'm not posting. So beware...muahahahahaha!!

Posted Image

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#18 DA-42

DA-42

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationVoorhees

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:53 PM

I don't find that very funny... ... ...okay, it's a little funny.

#19 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

I don't find that very funny... ... ...okay, it's a little funny.

Posted Image

better ? :ph34r:

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#20 DA-42

DA-42

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationVoorhees

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

Posted Image

better ? :ph34r:

Hey, I know that priest! He was my...my...oh god! :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use