SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Welcome to the Official Site of the Philadelphia Flyers

Photo

Official 2010 Philadelphia Phillies Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#1 heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn

Fire Homer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

Phillies have started to take control of the division, thoughts on any NL team that could stop them?

Section 103 Row 6

#2 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:31 AM

We need more posts for the Phillies. :wub:

The only team that really scares me in the NL is the Giants because the Phillies never seem to do well against them especially in San Fran, but with our pitching and their lack of hitting we should have the edge.

I honestly feel like there will be another parade this year. The Phillies just look unstoppable right now and they will be a tough challenge for anyone. I really hope for a Phillies/Yanks rematch with the good guys coming out on top this time. B)

This year has been amazing so far when you consider all of their injuries and it feels like almost every offensive player is having a down year (besides Chooch) and yet they are on pace for their best season yet.

I'm normally a hockey fan first, but it's hard to concentrate on it now when it feels like the Phillies are in the midst of something special.

Man I really hope Halladay shuts down the Braves tonight. We need to pad his stats for the Cy Young. :D
Posted Image

#3 propp16

propp16

Starting Goalie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,503 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

We need more posts for the Phillies. :wub:

The only team that really scares me in the NL is the Giants because the Phillies never seem to do well against them especially in San Fran, but with our pitching and their lack of hitting we should have the edge.

I honestly feel like there will be another parade this year. The Phillies just look unstoppable right now and they will be a tough challenge for anyone. I really hope for a Phillies/Yanks rematch with the good guys coming out on top this time. B)

This year has been amazing so far when you consider all of their injuries and it feels like almost every offensive player is having a down year (besides Chooch) and yet they are on pace for their best season yet.

I'm normally a hockey fan first, but it's hard to concentrate on it now when it feels like the Phillies are in the midst of something special.

Man I really hope Halladay shuts down the Braves tonight. We need to pad his stats for the Cy Young. :D

This. The Phils thread completely died with the other forum. I hope we can revive it.

I still can't believe our top three starters are Halladay, Oswalt, and Hamels -- and that Hamels has returned to his '08 form.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn

Fire Homer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:31 PM

Phillies can almost put away the division with a win tonight against the Braves. The only team I wouldn't want to see would be the Rockies, so lets hope the Giants and Rockies miss the playoffs.

I would love to see SD in the NLDS, then either ATL/CIN in the NLCS.

It does look like it is a collusion course between the Yankees and Phillies, but the Yankees pitching is not as good as it was last year, and they won't be able to use a 3 man rotation (The Phils probably can't either). I guess they will have to throw Blanton out there at some point.

Section 103 Row 6

#5 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

Wooohoo 10 in a row and a sweep of the Braves! The magic number is 4 with 9 games remaining. Any chance they clinch by Sunday? ;)

This. The Phils thread completely died with the other forum. I hope we can revive it.

I still can't believe our top three starters are Halladay, Oswalt, and Hamels -- and that Hamels has returned to his '08 form.

Which is why I am dying to get a rematch at the Yankees. The ending will be totally different this time around with those 3 in the rotation.

Phillies can almost put away the division with a win tonight against the Braves. The only team I wouldn't want to see would be the Rockies, so lets hope the Giants and Rockies miss the playoffs.

I would love to see SD in the NLDS, then either ATL/CIN in the NLCS.

It does look like it is a collusion course between the Yankees and Phillies, but the Yankees pitching is not as good as it was last year, and they won't be able to use a 3 man rotation (The Phils probably can't either). I guess they will have to throw Blanton out there at some point.

With the off days the Phillies will only need to use Blanton twice in the postseason. Things are set up perfectly B)
Posted Image

#6 DA-42

DA-42

Always has a GAA under 2.00

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:19 PM

Ding-dong the Braves are dead.
The shadow alex ross cover 11

#7 heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn

Fire Homer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

Hopefully the Phillies can clinch early enough to get home field advantage and rest their horses for the playoffs.

Section 103 Row 6

#8 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

11 in a row

If the Braves score holds win up the Phillies can clinch as early as tomorrow night. B)
Posted Image

#9 DA-42

DA-42

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:46 AM

The Phillies now have the best record in baseball. Who would have thought they'd be as good as they are now 5 years ago.

#10 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

PANIC!!! The Phillies lost a game.

The Phillies now have the best record in baseball. Who would have thought they'd be as good as they are now 5 years ago.

I never envisioned it, especially when bonehead Wade was here.
Posted Image

#11 swflyers8

swflyers8

1st Line Center

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

PANIC!!! The Phillies lost a game.

Figures, I haven't gone to a game in forever and I go to last night's game and they lose. Typical. Great seats though.

13de9391-c158-4355-b3ba-210d66151aca_zps

#12 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:52 PM

DIVISION CHAMPS ONCE AGAIN! ROY HALLADAY FOR CY YOUNG!

Chooooooooooooooooooooooch!
Posted Image

#13 propp16

propp16

Starting Goalie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,503 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

Mandatory Zoo with Roy post:
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:05 PM

That's so cute :lol:
Posted Image

#15 The_Mighty_Tim

The_Mighty_Tim

The Notorious T.I.M.

• Moderators
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

Figures, I haven't gone to a game in forever and I go to last night's game and they lose. Typical. Great seats though.

Don't go to any more games! :D

#16 DA-42

DA-42

• Moderators
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

Ho-hum, the Phillies won the division again. Yawn. ^_^

#17 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

So what do we want to see happen tomorrow? Nothing would warm my heart more to see the Phillies knock the Braves out of the playoffs, but a Braves + Padres win to force a 3 game playoff would be epic.

A Phils win and a Padres win will give us the Phillies/Giants matchup I want to avoid.
Posted Image

#18 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

Giants won which means the Phillies draw the Reds in the NLDS. Would have loved to see the Braves season ended on Cox's last game, but love that we get the Reds. 5:00 PM start on Wednesday!

Stole this from a Phillies board:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

I'm just talking to myself at this point, but I am so excited for tomorrow. I wish I could Fast forward through the rest of the day and get to game time already! Doctober is about to begin :D
Posted Image

#20 The_Mighty_Tim

The_Mighty_Tim

The Notorious T.I.M.

• Moderators
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:02 PM

I'm just talking to myself at this point, but I am so excited for tomorrow. I wish I could Fast forward through the rest of the day and get to game time already! Doctober is about to begin :D

I'll join in!

LETS GO PHILLIES!

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use