46 replies to this topic

#1 bchrissy77

bchrissy77

Бум

• Administrators
  • 10,932 posts
  • LocationBehind you, nice shirt

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Twenty_Five @ Nov 23 2008, 09:59 AM)

You guys forgot about Pantera. Cowboys from ****, come on Cemetary Gates ? I also love, Deftones, Fear Factory and a whole lot Swedish metal bands like, In Flames, Misery Love Co, Burst, Soilwork the Norse gods that are Red Harvest. I like a lot of Industrial Metal like Chemlab, KMFDM, Ministry, Front 242, Die Warzu and of course whatever category you want to put Nine Inch Nails in. As for the 80's metal the only bands I liked were Slayer and early Metallica not of the hair stuff. As for the 70's I'm not too much into the metal of that time but I have a few Black Sabbath CD's.

Cowboys from **** is classic, although Vulgar Display was my personal fave. So many of my high school speeding tickets can be blamed on that CD. rolleyes.gif

Posted Image

#2 Boogaardfan24

Boogaardfan24

1st Line Center

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:20 AM

Mudvayne, the band that made me fall in love with metal, has just released a new video.

Do What You Do
Posted Image

#3 Boogaardfan24

Boogaardfan24

1st Line Center

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (flyersflyersflyers24 @ Nov 22 2008, 11:39 AM)

What if I like both rap/hip hop and metal? do i still have to leave?

As long as you only talk about metal tongue.gif
Posted Image

#4 Boogaardfan24

Boogaardfan24

1st Line Center

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (flyersflyersflyers24 @ Nov 22 2008, 11:50 AM)

Haha okay smile.gif

Would rock be considered metal? Like Linkin Park and Billy Talent?

I have no clue what is considered metal laugh.gif

Rock is good here too, just not pop rock like Sum 41 and Hedley. Billy Talent is Alternative metal, like Three Days Grace

Posted Image

#5 Boogaardfan24

Boogaardfan24

1st Line Center

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:44 PM

Funny, my mother frowns upon my listening to Marilyn Manson.

But she seems to like that i listen to Alice Cooper blink.gif

Must be cuz he was on the Muppet Show.

Posted Image

#6 Boogaardfan24

Boogaardfan24

1st Line Center

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (OrangeAndBlack @ Nov 22 2008, 11:59 PM)

I saw Alice back in the late 80s at teh Tower Theater. That was one of the most entertaining shows I've ever seen, and I've been to a lot of shows. I also met him years ago during some promo event ay a store I worked in. He was about the friendliest, most laid-back guy in the world.

I live three hours away from Halifax, and he was touring Canada last month, and he went to Halifax and I didn't find out until the day after. angry.gif
Posted Image

#7 Boogaardfan24

Boogaardfan24

1st Line Center

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (OrangeAndBlack @ Nov 23 2008, 12:07 AM)

That sucks. I think his voice is pretty much shredded at this point, but the spectacle of his show is what you'd remember.

Some friends of mine went and loved it. At which point i wanted to hurt them.

It isn't that bad. Along Came A Spider is a pretty good album. Especially Vengeance Is Mine.
Posted Image

#8 Boogaardfan24

Boogaardfan24

1st Line Center

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:20 AM

I recommend something funny to everyone here. Put up two tabs/windows on YouTube. Make one The Dope Show by Marilyn Manson, and the other Dude Looks Like A Lady by Aerosmith. Mute the Dope Show and listen to Dude Looks Like A Lady while watching the video. I love Manson but I'm having a good time with it biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#9 Boogaardfan24

Boogaardfan24

1st Line Center

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (OrangeAndBlack @ Nov 23 2008, 11:59 AM)

And you discovered this how?

When listening to Aerosmith and someone sent me the Dope Show video even though I've seen it several times.
Posted Image

#10 PenaltyKiller

PenaltyKiller

R.I.P. Dad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,452 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (pat @ Nov 22 2008, 04:06 PM)

I liked most Heavy Metal bands during the eighties, what I didn't like were the "pretty boy" bands : Poison, Warrent, Cinderella, ect. and the ballads such as "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" and so on.

laugh.gif I think I like hair metal bands more than I like traditional metal bands. What do you think of Motley Crue?

I'm with those of you that prefer Ozzy solo to Sabbath. The Randy Rhoads years were amazing, but I love Zakk Wylde, too.
Posted Image

#11 Twenty_Five

Twenty_Five

2nd Line Winger

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

You guys forgot about Pantera. Cowboys from ****, come on Cemetary Gates ? I also love, Deftones, Fear Factory and a whole lot Swedish metal bands like, In Flames, Misery Love Co, Burst, Soilwork the Norse gods that are Red Harvest. I like a lot of Industrial Metal like Chemlab, KMFDM, Ministry, Front 242, Die Warzu and of course whatever category you want to put Nine Inch Nails in. As for the 80's metal the only bands I liked were Slayer and early Metallica not of the hair stuff. As for the 70's I'm not too much into the metal of that time but I have a few Black Sabbath CD's.

#12 Twenty_Five

Twenty_Five

2nd Line Winger

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (mchrissy77 @ Nov 23 2008, 06:14 PM)

Cowboys from **** is classic, although Vulgar Display was my personal fave. So many of my high school speeding tickets can be blamed on that CD. rolleyes.gif

I love Vulgar display of Power that album makes my neck hurt.

#13 antelope

antelope

300 Diamonds

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (mom @ Nov 22 2008, 12:16 PM)

Does AC/DC count? I like them! wink.gif

Barry Manilow covering AC/DC does not count mom. tongue.gif
Posted Image

#14 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,304 posts
  • Locationthe Kings bandwagon

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (CLARKE16 @ Nov 22 2008, 12:07 PM)

I was listening to Black Sabbath when I was a really little kid. It was 1976 or 1977. I was six years old, my brother used to play the Black Sabbath Master of Reality album over and over. I didn't know at that time that I would be a truly lifelong fan of Ozzy but that is what started it all for me as a metal head. When Ozzy released Crazy Train on the Blizzard of Ozz Album in 1981 was actually when I discovered That I truly loved Ozzy. Sure I loved Black Sabbath too, but this was Ozzy With Randy Rhodes, and it was worlds different from his sabbath material. Then a rather ambitious band named Metallica came along a couple of years later and just completely blew me away. One of the best Concerts I've ever been to was when Metallica on thier Master Of Puppets tour Opened for Ozzy on his Ultimate Sin Tour it was a few months before Cliff Burton died. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to actually see Cliff Burton play live. He was one of the most awesome live bassists I've ever seen.

I'm with you, I grew up with Sabbath and even still liked them with DIO, but Ozzy with Randy Rhodes was better. I was also a big fan of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

When Metallica came along, they just blew everyone away, and your right, Cliff Burton was the best bass player live, his solo's were out of this world. They are still one of my favorite bands, but definately preffer their early stuff.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#15 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,304 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

How about Dokken ? I loved them and thought George Lynch was the best guitar player at the time.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#16 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,304 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

I liked most Heavy Metal bands during the eighties, what I didn't like were the "pretty boy" bands : Poison, Warrent, Cinderella, ect. and the ballads such as "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" and so on.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#17 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,304 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Dave @ Nov 22 2008, 04:08 PM)

I am listening to and loving Van Halen a lot right now smile.gif

VH is rock-n-roll as far as I'm concerned. They were awesome with David Lee Roth, but sucked with Sammy Hagar .

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#18 pat-1

pat-1

Old Timer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,304 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (FlyersGirl @ Nov 22 2008, 11:40 PM)

laugh.gif I think I like hair metal bands more than I like traditional metal bands. What do you think of Motley Crue?

I'm with those of you that prefer Ozzy solo to Sabbath. The Randy Rhoads years were amazing, but I love Zakk Wylde, too.

I like Motley Crue, I wouldn't really consider them a hair band.

Go Razor

Old Time Hockey

#19 hammer812

hammer812

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:07 PM

I was listening to Black Sabbath when I was a really little kid. It was 1976 or 1977. I was six years old, my brother used to play the Black Sabbath Master of Reality album over and over. I didn't know at that time that I would be a truly lifelong fan of Ozzy but that is what started it all for me as a metal head. When Ozzy released Crazy Train on the Blizzard of Ozz Album in 1981 was actually when I discovered That I truly loved Ozzy. Sure I loved Black Sabbath too, but this was Ozzy With Randy Rhodes, and it was worlds different from his sabbath material. Then a rather ambitious band named Metallica came along a couple of years later and just completely blew me away. One of the best Concerts I've ever been to was when Metallica on thier Master Of Puppets tour Opened for Ozzy on his Ultimate Sin Tour it was a few months before Cliff Burton died. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to actually see Cliff Burton play live. He was one of the most awesome live bassists I've ever seen.

#20 hammer812

hammer812

2nd Line Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (pat @ Nov 22 2008, 12:23 PM)

I'm with you, I grew up with Sabbath and even still liked them with DIO, but Ozzy with Randy Rhodes was better. I was also a big fan of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

When Metallica came along, they just blew everyone away, and your right, Cliff Burton was the best bass player live, his solo's were out of this world. They are still one of my favorite bands, but definately preffer their early stuff.

I thought Maiden was awesome when I ws younger. I liked Judas Priest too, but I loved Bruce todgerensons voice right up to the point I saw him live.. Boy was I disappointed. Yngwie Opened for Iron Maiden that night. It was Maiden's Somewhere In Time tour. The band sounded great. Bruce todgerinson couldn't sing a note. For 2 hours I was assaulted with crap from his voicebox.

Yes. Cliff Burton's solo's were unbelieveable but it was also the show he put on. Since you are a fan I'm sure you've heard about Cliff's headbanging. I could never do it like him day in and day out on tour but he did it. It was one of the big highlights of the show I saw was the guy playing bass who was headbanging so hard I couldn't understand how he could stay in time with the band. Thats my metallica too. I love everything up to and including the Black Album. after The Black Album it was a serious turning point for their music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Phildelphia Flyers. Philadelphia Flyers and philadelphiaflyers.com are trademarks of Comcast Spectacor, L.P.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 1999-2010 Comcast Spectacor, L.P. and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PLEASE NOTE: WE POSTED AN UPDATED PRIVACY POLICY ON APRIL 17, 2012
Privacy Policy
| AdChoices | California Privacy Rights | Contact Us | Advertise Employment | NHL.com Terms of Use